locked Logging Wrong Rcv Freq to DXKeeper

Dale Drake

A few days ago while running WSJT-X 2.1.2 and JTAlert 2.16.17 I noticed that when logging FT8 QSO's to DXKeeper my transmit freq was being logged as both the rcv and xmt freq.  I don't think I changed anything to cause this.  I can't find anything in settings that can explain it.  Rebooting the PC didn't help.  

I can't upgrade to the latest version because I can't get .NET5 to run on my old Win 7 PC.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.
--
Dale, AA1QD

Tom Melvin

FYI

I run an old Windows 7 PC and have no issues with latest WSJTX, JTAlert or the .Net components needed.

Don’t assume that someone says it will not work that it won’t.  May be other reasons unknown to me but suggest give it a try - you can always roll back the apps.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 12 Jul 2021, at 14:27, Dale Drake <daleaa1qd@...> wrote:

A few days ago while running WSJT-X 2.1.2 and JTAlert 2.16.17 I noticed that when logging FT8 QSO's to DXKeeper my transmit freq was being logged as both the rcv and xmt freq.  I don't think I changed anything to cause this.  I can't find anything in settings that can explain it.  Rebooting the PC didn't help.  

I can't upgrade to the latest version because I can't get .NET5 to run on my old Win 7 PC.

--
Dale, AA1QD

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-07-12 9:27 AM, Dale Drake wrote:
A few days ago while running WSJT-X 2.1.2 and JTAlert 2.16.17
JTAlert 2.16.17 is badly out of date. The current version is 2.50.2

I can't upgrade to the latest version because I can't get .NET5 to
run on my old Win 7 PC.
.NET 5.0.7 is reported to be running fine on many Win 7 systems.
However, with Windows 7 out of support by Microsoft, you should
be updating to an operating system that is being supported with
current security updates if you are connected to the internet in
any way.

I noticed that when logging FT8 QSO's to DXKeeper my transmit freq
was being logged as both the rcv and xmt freq.
My WSJTX 2.4.0/2.5.0-rc3 and JTAlert 2.50.2 system also logs the
TX and RX frequencies the same. AFAIK, that is the way they are
reported by WSJTX.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-12 9:27 AM, Dale Drake wrote:
--
Dale, AA1QD

Dale Drake

Okay, so none of the comments so far have helped me solve my problem.  I know that JTAlert creates a 1 QSO ADIF file that includes both the xmt and rcv freq that is read by DXKeeper and it is logged as presented.  So why does JTAlert list my xmt freq as the rcv freq if I'm running split in FT8 in WSJT-X?  If my dial freq is 50.313 and I'm listening on 500Hz audio and transmitting on 2500 Hz audio JTAlert should show my xmt as 50.315.5 and my  rcv as either 50.313 or 50.3135 but it doesn't.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/07/2021 11:27 pm, Dale Drake wrote:

--
Dale, AA1QD

Are you getting an error message when you try to install the NET 5.0.x Desktop Runtime? Or is it that JTAlert 2.50.x doesn't work correctly after installing the runtime?

Post an image of the offending error message window. Please not your entire desktop, just the error window.

Typically the causes of 2.50.x troubles is caused by not following the NET install instructions. Installing the NET 5.0.7 Runtime when it should be the NET 5.0.7 Desktop Runtime (note the emphasis on the work "Desktop"). Other cause of problems is trying to mix non-compatible architecture type versions (
x86 and x64) of the software. The JTAlert installer needs to match the NET 5 installer architecture type, either x86 for 32bit windows or x64 for 64bit windows.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/07/2021 11:32 pm, Tom Melvin wrote:
I run an old Windows 7 PC and have no issues with latest WSJTX, JTAlert or the .Net components needed.

Tom
GM8MJV
Tnx Tom,

That is the information I have been receiving.

Installs of the NET 5.0.x Desktop Runtime on Win7, both Home and Pro variants, works despite the official Microsoft documentation indicating otherwise. Whether that is the case in the long-term is unknown. I suspect eventually the NET install will fail with some future release given the age of Win7 and that is now long out of official support.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim N6VH

On 7/12/2021 2:01 PM, Dale Drake wrote:
Okay, so none of the comments so far have helped me solve my problem.  I know that JTAlert creates a 1 QSO ADIF file that includes both the xmt and rcv freq that is read by DXKeeper and it is logged as presented.  So why does JTAlert list my xmt freq as the rcv freq if I'm running split in FT8 in WSJT-X?  If my dial freq is 50.313 and I'm listening on 500Hz audio and transmitting on 2500 Hz audio JTAlert should show my xmt as 50.315.5 and my  rcv as either 50.313 or 50.3135 but it doesn't.
_._,_._,_

Dale,

The xmt & rcv freqs that JTAlert puts in the file are what is sent to JTAlert by WSJT-X. JTALert is not connected to the rig, and has no direct knowledge of the frequencies. JTAlert can only know what is sent to it. For that matter, both the wsjtx.log and the wsjtx_log.adi only list one frequency.

Jim N6VH

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-07-12 5:01 PM, Dale Drake wrote:

So why does JTAlert list my xmt freq as the rcv freq if I'm running split in FT8 in WSJT-X? If my dial freq is 50.313 and I'm listening
on 500Hz audio and transmitting on 2500 Hz audio JTAlert should
show my xmt as 50.315.5 and my rcv as either 50.313 or 50.3135 but
it doesn't.
Because *WSJTX* ONLY REPORTS ONE FREQUENCY. If you have a problem
with that take it up with the developers of WSJTX. Note: *UPDATE*
to WSJTX 2.4.0 (the current release level) *BEFORE* reporting any
"BUG".

JTAlert can only report what WSJTX gives it.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-12 5:01 PM, Dale Drake wrote:

Jim Cooper

On 12 Jul 2021 at 14:01, Dale Drake wrote:

If my dial freq is 50.313 and I'm
listening on 500Hz audio and
transmitting on 2500 Hz audio JTAlert
should show my xmt as 50.315.5 and
my  rcv as either 50.313 or 50.3135
but it doesn't.
WHY on Earth does it even matter ???
other than uptight, nit-picking?

Dale Drake

Jim,  Maybe I like my log to be accurate.  Please take save your unhelpful comments for another group.

Dale Drake

having dispatched that.  I have managed to get the .NET 5.0 running on my PC and now have the latest versions of JTAlert and WSJT-X running but the problem persists.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/07/2021 7:28 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Because *WSJTX* ONLY REPORTS ONE FREQUENCY.  If you have a problem
with that take it up with the developers of WSJTX.  Note: *UPDATE*
to WSJTX 2.4.0 (the current release level) *BEFORE* reporting any
"BUG".

JTAlert can only report what WSJTX gives it.

... Joe, W4TV

Exactly!
JTAlert logs what it receives .

WSJT-X does not provide separate tx & rx frequencies in the logging data.

An examination of the wsjt_log.adi file shows that only a single frequency is recorded, <freq> which per the adif standard is the TX frequency. The Dial + Tx offset. eg a test QSO logged, dial = 7.074, Tx offset = 3000Hz giving a Tx freq of 7.077000
<call:6>VK3AMA <gridsquare:0> <mode:3>FT8 <rst_sent:0> <rst_rcvd:0> <qso_date:8>20210712 <time_on:6>220931 <qso_date_off:8>20210712 <time_off:6>220931 <band:3>40m <freq:8>7.077000 <station_callsign:6>VK3AMA <my_gridsquare:6>QF22PF <eor>

JTAlert does not use the
wsjt_log.adi file for logging, it uses the "QSO Logged" UDP message.
Note the absence of separate Tx, Rx or Dial frequencies fields. Just a single "Tx frequency (Hz)" field which is the same as the adi file, Dial + Tx offset.
 * QSO Logged    Out       5                      quint32
 *                         Id (unique key)        utf8
 *                         Date & Time Off        QDateTime
 *                         DX call                utf8
 *                         DX grid                utf8
 *                         Tx frequency (Hz)      quint64
 *                         Mode                   utf8
 *                         Report sent            utf8
 *                         Report received        utf8
 *                         Tx power               utf8
 *                         Comments               utf8
 *                         Name                   utf8
 *                         Date & Time On         QDateTime
 *                         Operator call          utf8
 *                         My call                utf8
 *                         My grid                utf8
 *                         Exchange sent          utf8
 *                         Exchange received      utf8

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/07/2021 7:38 am, Dale Drake wrote:
Please take save your unhelpful comments for another group.

I'll decide who can post to this group and the types of messages and their content.
This topic is now locked.

de Laurie VK3AMA