Topics

Logging to N3FPJ times out no matter the length set

WB5JJJ - George

About 7 hours into the FD contest, N3FPJ via JTA generates an error stating it could not confirm the contact was logged.  When in fact, IT WAS LOGGED.  Rechecked all the LOGGING settings and nothing has changed, but re-selected the log file and log type on AC Log sub topic just to be sure.

The error pops up exactly at the 11 second mark.  This all started with about 120 contacts logged.

Restarted EVERYTHING and it still happens right on schedule.  No huge problem, but since everything is logging as expected, I'm moving right on along with FD.

-
73's
George - WB5JJJ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/06/2020 11:37 am, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Restarted EVERYTHING and it still happens right on schedule.  No huge problem, but since everything is logging as expected, I'm moving right on along with FD.

Did that include a PC restart? That's the only suggestion I have, if all was working normally and now doesn't.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB5JJJ - George

Yes, it did - a couple of times.  Restarted all programs a few times as well.

On further investigation, it appears that something may have corrupted the index on the LogData.mdb file so it was only showing up to contact #122 when JTA was peeking into the file, and after that nothing, even though there were many more contacts that Access or JTA could not "see".  The file date/time was not being updated past that event either.

Talked to Scott, he was unsure what happened, but whatever it was, somehow N3 was able to continue to operate just fine and contacts were immediately uploaded and visible to ACLog.  N3 also was able to be restarted multiple times with contacts not shown in the LogData.mdb file, were displayed, even though the mdb file stopped at #122 when viewed in Access, and apparently by JTA as well.

Before I started on Sunday, I rebuilt the N3 LogData.mdb file from the night before adif export.  All files were now visible in the LogData.mdb file and everything worked totally as expected for the rest of the contest with JTA not generating any more warnings.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/06/2020 12:05 am, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Before I started on Sunday, I rebuilt the N3 LogData.mdb file from the night before adif export.  All files were now visible in the LogData.mdb file and everything worked totally as expected for the rest of the contest with JTA not generating any more warnings.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ
Thanks for the update George.

Corrupt MSAccess files, are rare, but when it happens it can produce unpredictable results when trying to run queries against the database, often not failing out-right which would be preferred as a total failure to access the database is easily recognized and reported by JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA