Topics

locked Logging to DXKeeper

David Bunte

JTAlert has successfully logged all my FT8 QSOs directly to DXKeeper, until about 7 or 8 days ago. I have not intentionally changed any of the settings in JTAlert, but did review them to see if something had been changed unknowingly.

I can find no such issues.

I have shut down all applications, be started my PC. Started DXLab applications including DXKeeper. I then started WSJT-X followed by JTAlert. I made an FT8 QSO but it did not log to DXKeeper. There is no error log in DXKeeper which makes me believe it was not a matter of JTAlert trying to log to DXK and failing, but rather, JTAlert did not attempt to log to DXK.

I don't know what to check, or try next.

Dave - K9FN

Dave Garber

make sure DXK is indeed selected as your logging program in jtalert ( look at top tine of jtalert) DXK should be there.

then check to confirm the correct log file is selected in jtalert

DXK should tell you which it is using

also check for udp forwarding is done correctly

hope this helps
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 2:04 AM David Bunte <dpbunte@...> wrote:
JTAlert has successfully logged all my FT8 QSOs directly to DXKeeper, until about 7 or 8 days ago. I have not intentionally changed any of the settings in JTAlert, but did review them to see if something had been changed unknowingly.

I can find no such issues.

I have shut down all applications, be started my PC. Started DXLab applications including DXKeeper. I then started WSJT-X followed by JTAlert. I made an FT8 QSO but it did not log to DXKeeper. There is no error log in DXKeeper which makes me believe it was not a matter of JTAlert trying to log to DXK and failing, but rather, JTAlert did not attempt to log to DXK.

I don't know what to check, or try next.

Dave - K9FN

David Bunte

My problem is solved. Mike Black - W9MDB contacted me this morning, and talked me through my setup. The problem was that the 'PROMPT ME TO LOG QSO' box was unchecked on the reporting tab of the WSJT-X settings. Even as I looked at that tab, I missed the fact that the box was not checked.

Simple problem, but I guess I was too simple to catch it on my own. Mike's assistance was spot on and much appreciated.

73 to all de Dave - K9FN