locked Logging Success popup set at 5 seconds, up for 10 seconds

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/06/2021 3:39 am, WU9D wrote:
When "Auto clear triggered Alert entity after logging" is selected on any alerts the logging prompt window is displayed for 10 seconds, not 5 as set. If all of the auto clear options are cleared the logging prompt reverts to the selected value.

Can the program be designed such that the selected prompt display value is actually used when auto clear options are selected?

Terminology is important. You're referring to the Logging Success popup, it is not a Logging Prompt. JTAlert does not have a Logging Prompt window/popup, WSJT-X/JTDX have a Logging Prompt window. The subject of this message thread has been updated to reflect this.

The 5 second versus 10 second display time is by design and has been that way since JTAlert 2.16.13 (29-Aug-2020). From the release notes...
  Changes:

    - Logging Success Popop: The display time for this popup is increased to 10
       seconds (default is 5 seconds) if one or more of the Wanted Alerts is set
       to have their "Needed" settings automatically adjusted when logging a QSO
       as per the new "Auto clear triggered Alert entity after logging" feature.
       The increase display time is to provide sufficient time to review what
       changes have been automatically applied to the internal Alert Database.

Until now there have been no complaints about this increased display time when Alerts are set to auto-clear.

I will make that a user settable option in future release, it has been added to the todo-list. But don't expect instant gratification, this type of change is not high-priority and is not likely to be implemented any time soon, sorry.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WU9D <mike@...>

I'm not into instant gratification, Laurie. I was just trying to ask the question why the prompt was displayed for 10 seconds. And you have answered it, thank you.

I don't ever expect high-priority either. It is your product and at no cost to anyone I do not expect anything. If you do "fix" things, then that's great.

In time I displayed the thing I was referring to. Don't you expect me to lay thing out for you on a silver platter either. I'm not getting paid for troubleshooting.

The worst thing I could do is just leave any "problems" left unsaid. Which is, of course, what I am going to do.

neil_zampella

Don't you expect me to lay thing out for you on a silver platter either. I'm not getting paid for troubleshooting

Wait a second ... you're using free software, you kept using incorrect terminology even after people pointed out that you were incorrect, once you FINALLY gave a screen shot of what you were referring to, you were informed by the FREE SOFTWARE's author what the correct terminology was, and then told that it can be adjusted sometime in future.    Then you have the cojones to complain about how long it took for anyone to figure out what the heck you were talking about, and 'leaving things unsaid'.

Well, just return your software for a full refund and write your own.

Neil, KN3ILZ.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 14/06/2021 6:46 pm, neil_zampella wrote:

Wait a second ... you're using free software, you kept using incorrect terminology even after people pointed out that you were incorrect, once you FINALLY gave a screen shot of what you were referring to, you were informed by the FREE SOFTWARE's author what the correct terminology was, and then told that it can be adjusted sometime in future.    Then you have the cojones to complain about how long it took for anyone to figure out what the heck you were talking about, and 'leaving things unsaid'.

Well, just return your software for a full refund and write your own.

Neil, KN3ILZ.
Neil,

I doubt the OP will see your response, he unsubscribed from the group less than a minute after posting his "dummy spit".

de Laurie VK3AMA

neil_zampella

Bloody troll ..

Neil

David De Coons

Some people have no clue.

I think I speak for most on this list that we appreciate the time and effort Laurie has put into JTAlert.

Glad he departed.

Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.

On Jun 14, 2021, at 3:29 PM, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote: