locked Logging prompt set at 5 seconds, up for 10 seconds

WU9D <mike@...>

For some reason I cannot get the logging prompt to display for 5 seconds. It now is displaying for 10. 5.0.6 again?

Mike WU9D

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/06/2021 7:00 am, WU9D wrote:

For some reason I cannot get the logging prompt to display for 5 seconds. It now is displaying for 10. 5.0.6 again?

Mike WU9D

JTAlert doesn't have a logging prompt window. Are you referring to the WSJT-X "Log QSO" window? If so, it doesn't have a display time limit, it stays open until the "OK" button is clicked.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WU9D <mike@...>

Check QSO Log Record. I checked JTDX and there isn't a timer setting. Everything used to work at 5 seconds until the recent problems. It is definitely a JTAlert window, not WSJT-X or JTDX, and labelled such.

WU9D <mike@...>

Displays 10 seconds when setting is 5 seconds.

neil_zampella

That's not a "Logging Prompt" .. that's JTAlert saying it checked the logger you're using and it verifed that the QSO was successfully logged.

Neil, KN3ILZ

WU9D <mike@...>

And your next unnecessary observation is?

That's not a "Logging Prompt" .. that's JTAlert saying it checked the logger you're using and it verifed that the QSO was successfully logged.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Jim Cooper

On 12 Jun 2021 at 12:16, WU9D wrote:

And your next unnecessary observation is?
seems like such sarcasm is not called for here.

neil_zampella

Yeah .. I don't get that at all.    The person kept talking about a 'logging prompt' which made everyone think of the one from WSJT-X and clones.

Neil, KN3ILZ

WU9D <mike@...>

When "Auto clear triggered Alert entity after logging" is selected on any alerts the logging prompt window is displayed for 10 seconds, not 5 as set. If all of the auto clear options are cleared the logging prompt reverts to the selected value.

Can the program be designed such that the selected prompt display value is actually used when auto clear options are selected?