locked Log deleted by accident

randybuckner

Senior moment -- wsjt_log.adi is history. Now everything shows up in the band activity window as needed. No worked before. JT Alert still shows worked b4.

I have an adi files of my logbook on QRZ, eQSL, LOTW, as well as my logging program, ACLog. But I can't seem to get any of these logs to work in WSJT.

Any advice, other than I should have backed up my WJST log?

Dave Garber

if you export the ft8/ft4 entries from aclog, to an ADI file.  I think you can copy that adi file into the correct folder.     did you do a new install?  perhaps there are more than one directory, and you are currently in the wrong ( new ) one , not your old one..

just a thought

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 4:20 PM randybuckner via groups.io <randybuckner=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Senior moment -- wsjt_log.adi is history. Now everything shows up in the band activity window as needed. No worked before. JT Alert still shows worked b4.

I have an adi files of my logbook on QRZ, eQSL, LOTW, as well as my logging program, ACLog. But I can't seem to get any of these logs to work in WSJT.

John VA3BOF

If you are using MS Windows or MacOS the file may still be in your deleted folder. Did you look in there? The files in the directory will delete from the deleted when space is need or about 30 days.

Regards,
Johnny’s

randybuckner

Not there. :-(

randybuckner

Tried the ACLog, but it won't recognize the file/

Joe - W9RF

I accidentally deleted an entire directory and restored it with very little effort.

Choose the:

Restoring files from previous versions

Read the directions fully before starting (always a good idea) and be sure you are in the correct directory..

It's a restore point for files in a directory..

Worked for me...

W9RF - Joe

On Thursday, May 13, 2021, 3:20:50 PM CDT, randybuckner via groups.io <randybuckner@...> wrote:

Tom Melvin

Randy

Want to expand further - ‘wont recognise’ is a bit vague - does aclog not recognise it? Wsjt_x?

If it is an adi file and put in correct location it will work (pretty sure eqsl/lotw generate adi files as well)

I suspect one of your steps is wrong or you have named the file wrong - windows has habit of hiding file ext and you may end up with wsjtx_log.adi.txt

Can you try the aclog export again (check contents are OK - use notepad), then let the group know what steps you then use.

Not all is lost

Tom
GM8MJV

On 14 May 2021, at 02:28, randybuckner via groups.io <randybuckner=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Tried the ACLog, but it won't recognize the file/

randybuckner

Tom, thanks for trying to help. I'll explain step by step what I have tried, so there is no confusion:

1 - I downloaded my QRZ, eQSL, LOTW, and ACLog programs as adi files.

2 - I opened the WSJT File ---> Open Log Directory.

3 - I placed my adi files (one at a time) in the directory.

4 - I changed the name of the adi file to wsjtx_log. For instance, the QRZ file exported was kc5rr.166144.20210515191035.adi. I changed the name to wsjtx_log.

5 - WSJT Settings ----> Colors ----> Rescan ADIF Log

Nothing happens. I'm lost at this point. Do I need to change the header? The header is:
QRZLogbook download for kc5rr
Date: Sat May 15 19:10:35 2021
Bookid: 166144
Records: 17055
<ADIF_VER:5>3.1.1
<PROGRAMID:10>QRZLogbook
<PROGRAMVERSION:3>2.0
<eoh>

Tom Melvin

Randy

I suspect its this step

4 - I changed the name of the adi file to wsjtx_log. For instance, the QRZ file exported was kc5rr.166144.20210515191035.adi. I changed the name to wsjtx_log.

Changing the name MAY have renamed the file:  wsjtx_log.166144.20210515191035.adi

When you look at the listing in Open Log Directory does it show the extension?

In the folder there is (in Win 10 anyway) a view option, select it, tick box ‘File Name Extension’ make sure it is ticked - it should then show the FULL name and extension.

Double check the file is wsjtx_log.adi

The header should not matter.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 15 May 2021, at 20:20, randybuckner via groups.io <randybuckner@...> wrote:

Tom, thanks for trying to help. I'll explain step by step what I have tried, so there is no confusion:

1 - I downloaded my QRZ, eQSL, LOTW, and ACLog programs as adi files.

2 - I opened the WSJT File ---> Open Log Directory.

3 - I placed my adi files (one at a time) in the directory.

5 - WSJT Settings ----> Colors ----> Rescan ADIF Log

Nothing happens. I'm lost at this point. Do I need to change the header? The header is:
QRZLogbook download for kc5rr
Date: Sat May 15 19:10:35 2021
Bookid: 166144
Records: 17055
<ADIF_VER:5>3.1.1
<PROGRAMID:10>QRZLogbook
<PROGRAMVERSION:3>2.0
<eoh>

randybuckner

No, it is an adi extension. Not changing the header causes WSJT to make another log. Changing the header, WSJT put any new calls in the log, but it won't recognize the other entries when rescanning.

It shouldn't be so hard.

chas cartmel

Missed earlier post so may be off track here, but is not the deleted file in the recycle bin?

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of randybuckner via groups.io
Sent: 16 May 2021 14:31
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Log deleted by accident

No, it is an adi extension. Not changing the header causes WSJT to make another log. Changing the header, WSJT put any new calls in the log, but it won't recognize the other entries when rescanning.

It shouldn't be so hard.

This email has been scanned by BullGuard antivirus protection.
For more info visit www.bullguard.com

Tom Melvin

Randy

If you want fire over the file to me via e-mail - address ok in QTZ - will play and see what is what - It really should be straight forward

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV

On 16 May 2021, at 14:30, randybuckner via groups.io <randybuckner@...> wrote:

It shouldn't be so hard.