locked Line 10385

Gabriel - M0JHV

Hi Laurie,

Config - Windows 10 Home - 64-bit up-to-date and WSJT-X 2.3.0
JTAlert 2.50.0 is crashing at every launch after 10-60 s with
Line 10385 Error: Variable used without being declared.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
73 de M0JHV Gabriel

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/04/2021 7:57 am, gabriel.dulcu@... wrote:
Config - Windows 10 Home - 64-bit up-to-date and WSJT-X 2.3.0
JTAlert 2.50.0 is crashing at every launch after 10-60 s with
Line 10385 Error: Variable used without being declared.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
73 de M0JHV Gabriel

What happens if you temporarily turn off monitor in wsjtx so there are no incoming decodes are being fed to JTAlert, does JTAlert still show this error?

Is it always the same line number?

Line numbers shown in these type of errors are typically not correct as is the type of error, there are no undefined variables in the code. One of the many reasons why the old AutoIT code is being replaced.

I suggest you try starting JTAlert without a config file. There may be something in the config that is tripping up JTAlert. See the JTAlert Help file (not the 2.50.0 features help), "Troubleshooting -> Setting Changes Not Remembered" topic. It explains where to find the config file. It may be worth trying to restore an old backup of the config.sqlite file, explained in that help topic, before proceeding to starting JTAlert without a config file.

If starting JTAlert without a config file corrects the problem, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the problem config.sqlite file for examination. send it direct (not via this group) to VK3AMA.Ham.Apps [at] gmail.com

let me know your results.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gabriel - M0JHV

Hi Laurie,

Yes, the line is always the same, but If I'm turning the monitor off, the error does not appear anymore. When I turned the monitor on again, another line (10376 instead of 10385 as far as I remember) appeared.
I'll check soon to start JTAlert without a config file and I come up with the results and I'll send the file directly to you.

Thanks again, Gabriel M0JHV

Gabriel - M0JHV

Edited

Long story short. Back in time, I have encountered a sound issue starting with two previous JTAlert versions. I restrained the issue by suspecting there is something related to Logging with HRD V5/V6. I have on my HRDLogbook two databases, one is 5.2x and another one is 6.3+. When I was disabling the logging, everything worked (is working fine). Same thing for Logging with HRD V5. But when II chose to log with V6(6.3) - my M0JHV being linked to a 6.3 database, the things are going bad (only when the sound is ON). Every test for sound (of course on the laptop speakers), or a JTAlert generated sound makes the program shutdown (sometimes with some errors line, sometimes with no error).
The situation with 2.50.0 is quite similar - I hoped that I'll solve this issue by upgrading JTAlert - the crashes are now present with line 10385. As advised I removed (moved in another folder all config.sqlite files) and a new config.sqlite was generated (added) by JTAlert. So far so good, I made sound tests with success. Obviously with the default configuration, NO LOG. When I chose to log with HRD V5/V6 and I select the v6.3+ database, the same thing is happening - crash with line 10385. So, in my opinion, it's something related between sound on and HRD v.6.3. If you still consider it necessary I can send the config.sqlite.

73, de Gabriel M0JHV

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 23/04/2021 4:01 am, gabriel.dulcu@gmail.com wrote:
If you still consider it necessary I can send the config.sqlite.
73, de Gabriel M0JHV
Use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA