locked Keywords Alert does not function #FT8

asobel@...

Laurie

I am trying to get JTAlert respond to "CQ TEST X1Xx" produced by WSJT-X FT8 contest modes. I did tick Enable Keywords Alert, inserted keywords CQ, CQ TEST, TEST and DX. Gave it blue color and Testing.wav and saved it. It does not respond for CQ which is not rare and very rarely gives  any responce. It did respond to HL2ZN, RD4HR, CQ MI0OBC and PY2XC. PY2XC was displayed in blue on the WSJT-X board and DX was displayed in blue on the JTAlert board.

What's wrong here? How do I get it working?
This is quite urgent. I need it for a contest next Saturday

Amos 4X4MF

asobel@...

Laurie

A minute ago I got on 40m   PD7LJ  displayed in blue on the WSJT-X board and CQ  displayed in blue on the JTAlert board and same  on 20m F1SEN with CQ.

What does it mean?

Amos 4X4MF

==========================================================================================================

I am trying to get JTAlert respond to "CQ TEST X1Xx" produced by WSJT-X FT8 contest modes. I did tick Enable Keywords Alert, inserted keywords CQ, CQ TEST, TEST and DX. Gave it blue color and Testing.wav and saved it. It does not respond for CQ which is not rare and very rarely gives  any responce. It did respond to HL2ZN, RD4HR, CQ MI0OBC and PY2XC. PY2XC was displayed in blue on the WSJT-X board and DX was displayed in blue on the JTAlert board.

What's wrong here? How do I get it working?
This is quite urgent. I need it for a contest next Saturday

Amos 4X4MF

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/04/2021 10:04 pm, asobel@... wrote:
I am trying to get JTAlert respond to "CQ TEST X1Xx" produced by WSJT-X FT8 contest modes. I did tick Enable Keywords Alert, inserted keywords CQ, CQ TEST, TEST and DX. Gave it blue color and Testing.wav and saved it. It does not respond for CQ which is not rare and very rarely gives  any responce. It did respond to HL2ZN, RD4HR, CQ MI0OBC and PY2XC. PY2XC was displayed in blue on the WSJT-X board and DX was displayed in blue on the JTAlert board.

What's wrong here? How do I get it working?
This is quite urgent. I need it for a contest next Saturday

Amos 4X4MF

The Keyword Alert is only used with Free-Text messages. It cannot be used with directed CQ's. This is not new and has always been the case.

de Laurie VK3AMA

asobel@...

Laurie

  1. Ok,  admit,  I did not understand the instructions
  2. Please consider adding to your database a fake, maybe negative, DXCC code for an entity called TEST decode with TEST callsign or prefix. This could detect the elusive TEST made by WSJT-X contest modes.

Amos 4X4MF