locked keep logging to HRD / #FT8

Lawrence AB6OJ

I installed 2.16.17.
This keep logging to HRD.
Pop up windows keep repeating.
I hade to terminate JT-alert and delete so many duplicatyed log from HRD Log.

Michael Black

Make sure you don't have the "Resend" option checked in JTAlert

Inline image

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 12:31:57 PM CST, Lawrence AB6OJ <ab6ojll0365@...> wrote:

I installed 2.16.17.
This keep logging to HRD.
Pop up windows keep repeating.
I hade to terminate JT-alert and delete so many duplicatyed log from HRD Log.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/03/2021 5:34 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Make sure you don't have the "Resend" option checked in JTAlert

Mike W9MDB
To be clear, fundamentally having the Resend option enabled is not the problem, but having it enabled and set to use the same UDP port as set in WSJT-X (UDP Server) is the true problem.

There have been a number of this specific configuration problem (JTAlert resend port set to match WSJT-X UDP port) in recent weeks. I suspect this misinformation is being propagated on a Forum/User group somewhere or perhaps a tutorial video.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Lawrence AB6OJ

Thank you.
I did follow Michael, it works.
also followed HamApps support, It works too.
I appreciate.

Michael Black

Maybe a check to ensure they aren't the same in the code?

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 12:55:17 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 7/03/2021 5:34 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
> Make sure you don't have the "Resend" option checked in JTAlert
>
> Mike W9MDB

To be clear, fundamentally having the Resend option enabled is not the
problem, but having it enabled and set to use the same UDP port as set
in WSJT-X (UDP Server) is the true problem.

There have been a number of this specific configuration problem (JTAlert
resend port set to match WSJT-X UDP port) in recent weeks. I suspect
this misinformation is being propagated on a Forum/User group somewhere
or perhaps a tutorial video.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 7/03/2021 7:19 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Maybe a check to ensure they aren't the same in the code?

Mike W9MDB
Already coded. The resend now gets disabled if the detected WSJT-X UDP Server port matches the resend port.

de Laurie VK3AMA