Topics

JY is logging to HRD but not removing the call from the JT Alert Banner

Brian T Schmidt

I searched but maybe missed it in this group. Forgive me if this has been answered. JT Alert has been working good until the last few days. I am using the latest version of JT Alert, WSJT-X and HRD. I work a station in FT8 and everything log OK to HRD Logbook but JT Alert is not removing it from the alert banner.

Brian
NI0P

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/12/2018 8:29 am, Brian T Schmidt wrote:
I searched but maybe missed it in this group. Forgive me if this has been answered. JT Alert has been working good until the last few days. I am using the latest version of JT Alert, WSJT-X and HRD. I work a station in FT8 and everything log OK to HRD Logbook but JT Alert is not removing it from the alert banner.

Brian
NI0P
Brian,

Are you saying that a Callsign after it has been logged is still generating alerts rather than showing the B4 flag?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Brian T Schmidt

Yes Sir.

Brian
NI0P

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, 9:10 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@... wrote:
On 4/12/2018 8:29 am, Brian T Schmidt wrote:
I searched but maybe missed it in this group. Forgive me if this has been answered. JT Alert has been working good until the last few days. I am using the latest version of JT Alert, WSJT-X and HRD. I work a station in FT8 and everything log OK to HRD Logbook but JT Alert is not removing it from the alert banner.

Brian
NI0P
Brian,

Are you saying that a Callsign after it has been logged is still generating alerts rather than showing the B4 flag?

On 4/12/2018 2:16 pm, Brian T Schmidt wrote:
Yes Sir.

Brian
NI0P

Brian,

If JTAlert is not showing a station as a B4 on subsequent decodes after logging indicates that JTAlert is unaware that the Callsign was recently logged (ie JTAlert was not used to log the QSO). How are your logging the QSO to HRD? Was it done by JTAlert, direct from WSJT-X to HRD, or done manually?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Brian T Schmidt

JT ALERT logs it.  I confirm the JT ALERT popup making sure my info is correct. It then logs it to HRD and gives me a confirmation popup saying it was logged.

Brian
NI0P

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, 9:35 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@... wrote:
On 4/12/2018 2:16 pm, Brian T Schmidt wrote:
Yes Sir.

Brian
NI0P

Brian,

If JTAlert is not showing a station as a B4 on subsequent decodes after logging indicates that JTAlert is unaware that the Callsign was recently logged (ie JTAlert was not used to log the QSO). How are your logging the QSO to HRD? Was it done by JTAlert, direct from WSJT-X to HRD, or done manually?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Brian T Schmidt

A little more detail. I have WSJT-X to prompt me to log. I check info and click ok. And JT Alert gives me a confirmation popup.

Brian

NI0P

On 4/12/2018 2:16 pm, Brian T Schmidt wrote:
Yes Sir.

Brian
NI0P

Brian,

If JTAlert is not showing a station as a B4 on subsequent decodes after logging indicates that JTAlert is unaware that the Callsign was recently logged (ie JTAlert was not used to log the QSO). How are your logging the QSO to HRD? Was it done by JTAlert, direct from WSJT-X to HRD, or done manually?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Brian T Schmidt

Laurie,

I uninstalled and reinstalled WSJT-X. It seems to be working right now. Something must have gotten broken between WSJT-X and JT Alert.

VR

Brian

NI0P