locked JTDX status ...

Joe Subich, W4TV

Has anyone else noticed that the JTDX web site has disappeared
("ERROR") in the last few days?

I wonder if JTDX is being orphaned? I understand the hard
feelings between developers but JTDX did offer a much more
"comfortable" user interface (e.g. Left click to set RX and
Right Click for TX, option to operate "single frequency" or
split be default, ability to switch between normal and F/H
with a "button", ability to enable transmit from "non-CQ"
decodes, etc.). The one thing that kept me from using it as
my "everyday driver" was the lack of support for Q65 and
FSK144.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

Michael Black

They are aware...some bugaboo...

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, January 21, 2022, 10:23:46 AM CST, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the JTDX web site has disappeared
("ERROR") in the last few days?

I wonder if JTDX is being orphaned?  I understand the hard
feelings between developers but JTDX did offer a much more
"comfortable" user interface (e.g. Left click to set RX and
Right Click for TX, option to operate "single frequency" or
split be default, ability to switch between normal and F/H
with a "button", ability to enable transmit from "non-CQ"
decodes, etc.).  The one thing that kept me from using it as
my "everyday driver" was the lack of support for Q65 and
FSK144.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

Glenn Jensen

I too noticed the change - when I searched for solutions re: UDP on macOS.

Loved the user interface on JTDX - both programs work just fine, however there are some enhancements (that Joe shared) that should be considered for WSJT-x.

Amazing software - regardless (kudos guys - you have reinvigorated a number of latent hams).

73's - Glenn

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 8:23 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the JTDX web site has disappeared
("ERROR") in the last few days?

I wonder if JTDX is being orphaned?  I understand the hard
feelings between developers but JTDX did offer a much more
"comfortable" user interface (e.g. Left click to set RX and
Right Click for TX, option to operate "single frequency" or
split be default, ability to switch between normal and F/H
with a "button", ability to enable transmit from "non-CQ"
decodes, etc.).  The one thing that kept me from using it as
my "everyday driver" was the lack of support for Q65 and
FSK144.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

Jim Brown

A new beta was posted in the last month or two. Because JTDX still regularly decodes weak FT8 signals that WSJT-X misses, I only use WSJT-X for things that JTDX won't do, like Contest Mode, MSK144, FST4, and Q65.

73, Jim K9YC

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 8:23 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the JTDX web site has disappeared
("ERROR") in the last few days?

I wonder if JTDX is being orphaned?  I understand the hard
feelings between developers but JTDX did offer a much more
"comfortable" user interface (e.g. Left click to set RX and
Right Click for TX, option to operate "single frequency" or
split be default, ability to switch between normal and F/H
with a "button", ability to enable transmit from "non-CQ"
decodes, etc.).  The one thing that kept me from using it as
my "everyday driver" was the lack of support for Q65 and
FSK144.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

Gary - K7EK

I am on the JTDX test team. Rest assured that JTDX is alive and well.
An RC was just given to the test team within the last couple of days.
If it passes muster it should be made available to the public shortly.

Following the demise of the JTDX IO Group, there is a new JTDX forum at:
jtdx.freeforums.net. Meanwhile, the place to get JTDX remains:
https://www.jtdx.tech/en/. Just checked. The URL works from this location.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK