locked #JTDX Change miles into kilometers

Maitre

Please where can I change from miles into kilometers...?

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/09/2022 4:47 amwrote:
Please where can I change from miles into kilometers...?
OM (name?, callsign?),

Which JTAlert window is this for, what is the window title?

Presumably the Decodes window?

If so, on the Decodes window do File/Settings and uncheck "Distance in km".

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, September 16, 2022 at 02:12:18 PM CDT, JTAlert Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 17/09/2022 4:47 amwrote:
> Please where can I change from miles into kilometers...?

OM (name?, callsign?),

Which JTAlert window is this for, what is the window title?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Maitre

Hi Mike,    thanks for reply!

I did this before and agn, but no change, am still getting MILES instead of KILOMETERS......   :-(((

Any other hint in store for me.... ????

73, Uli,  DL1OO

+++

On 24/09/2022 3:50 am, Maitre wrote:

I did this before and agn, but no change, am still getting MILES instead of KILOMETERS......   :-(((

Any other hint in store for me.... ????

73, Uli,  DL1OO

Which JTAlert window? What does the titlebar of that window show? There are a couple of places in JTAlert where the distance is displayed. I need to know where you are seeing the wrong distance type.

We are talking about the Decodes window, right?
As you toggle the Distance checkbox the heading should change from km to Miles

Inline image

On 17/09/2022 4:47 amwrote:
> Please where can I change from miles into kilometers...?

OM (name?, callsign?),

Which JTAlert window is this for, what is the window title?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Maitre

Hi Mike,   unfortunately  it does`nt make any difference.

If I have the "DISTANCE IN KM" cheked or not, am still getting the  MILES info....!!!

Checked or not it remains "MILES"...!!!

:-((  73, uli   DL1OO

+++

On 17/09/2022 4:47 amwrote:
> Please where can I change from miles into kilometers...?

OM (name?, callsign?),

Which JTAlert window is this for, what is the window title?

Shut down JTAlert and rename the HamApps folder

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\HamApps

Then start JTAlert again and see if you can change the units.

Mike

On 26/09/2022 4:42 am, Maitre wrote:

Hi Mike,   unfortunately  it does`nt make any difference.

If I have the "DISTANCE IN KM" cheked or not, am still getting the  MILES info....!!!

Checked or not it remains "MILES"...!!!

:-((  73, uli   DL1OO

I will ask one more time, Which JTAlert window? What does the titlebar of that window show? There are a couple of places in JTAlert where the distance is displayed. I need to know where you are seeing the wrong distance type.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Maitre

Hi Mike,

please find attached 2 sreenshots of my indicated problem....

73, uli. dl1oo

++++

+

Am 26.09.2022 um 01:57 schrieb JTAlert Support (VK3AMA):
On 26/09/2022 4:42 am, Maitre wrote:

Hi Mike,   unfortunately  it does`nt make any difference.

If I have the "DISTANCE IN KM" cheked or not, am still getting the  MILES info....!!!

Checked or not it remains "MILES"...!!!

:-((  73, uli   DL1OO

I will ask one more time, Which JTAlert window? What does the titlebar of that window show? There are a couple of places in JTAlert where the distance is displayed. I need to know where you are seeing the wrong distance type.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Firstly, my name is Laurie not Mike.

Now that the JTAlert window, the Callsigns window, that is showing the wrong distance format has been identified, I can provide the solution.
See the "Alerts -> Decode Callsign Data Tooltip" menu.

Main JTAlert window, File/Settings click Alerts at the top

Mike W9MDB

Inline image

On 27/09/2022 6:17 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Main JTAlert window, File/Settings click Alerts at the top

Mike W9MDB

Far quicker to change the setting via the "Alerts" menu, 2 mouse clicks, rather than opening the Settings window which is time consuming and stops processing decodes and alerting while it is open.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Maitre

Hello Laurie,
sorry about using the wrong name!   :-(( Finally I got the proper configuration working, showing KILOMETERS!!!! Sorrry about the extra work I produced.....!   :-(( Thanks agn and have  nice day, vy 73, uli,  DL1OO +++