Topics

locked JTAlerts 2.16.15 crashes

Michael

Just started getting this error notice

Thanks

MIke C.

Michael Black

Nothing can be done...there's no fix for it....and nobody seems to know what causes it either...it's some compiler bug.  This will go away when the new JTAlert is released -- maybe next year?

Generally it seems a reboot helps.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:14:54 PM CST, Michael <w7osgarrl@...> wrote:

Just started getting this error notice

Thanks

MIke C.

Michael

seems to have only happen since upgrading to 2.16.15. Maybe I ought to go back to 2.16.14?

Richard Williams

Michael,

I have been running 2.16.15 since it was released and have not had any problems.  I leave my computer and radio on pretty much 24/7, and unless I am working CW.SSB or RTTY, WSJT-X and JTAlert runs all the time on 6, 60, or 160M.

SInce this doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem, I would think the issue is a computer issue.

Am sure it is frustrating, so hopefully you can figure out what is causing the program to crash.

Dick, K8ZTT

Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man.
What is first, you ask? Landing, of course.
"A good aviator will always have his take-offs plus landings divisible by 2!"

On Saturday, November 7, 2020, 08:41:28 PM MST, Michael <w7osgarrl@...> wrote:

seems to have only happen since upgrading to 2.16.15. Maybe I ought to go back to 2.16.14?

Mike N8FRI

Yesterday, I had this same warning suddenly show up and shut down JTAlert.  I rebooted the computer, restarted JTAlert and the problem continued.  It would pop up about 1 minute into program start.  Vers .15 has performed flawlessly until yesterday.  The only variable in operation was that I had turned off DXSummit submission. I turned it
back on but that did not fix the problem.
Finally, I renamed the JTAlert "user" directory to JTAlert-old and reloaded the .15 version.  Of course I had to go in and reconfigure all of the settings but after about 15 minutes (helped by the fact that I use PrntScr to make record of all of the critical settings) I was back up and running.  I ran the program for about an hour with no glitches.
I am not sure if turning off DXSummit submission may have corrupted the user files or not?
I will not mess with that setting again as I am quite happy to be back up on FT8.
As Mike said, hopefully corrected in a future version.
Mike, N8FRI

Mike Cooper

I just realized the the radio tries to spontaneously key up just before the error message pops up.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/11/2020 2:18 pm, Mike Cooper wrote:
I just realized the the radio tries to spontaneously key up just before the error message pops up.
Have a look at this message
Does rolling back your JTAlert version or renaming the JTAlert config file correct the problem?
If renaming the config file fixes the problem PLEASE email me that bad config file for further analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike Cooper

Edited

I rolled back to 2.16.14 and the error continued. But after checking out a few things I noticed that some how "USB Audio CODEC" had been made the default sound card for the computer. I got that corrected. So, I am now watching to see if that solved the error message problem along with a few other anomolies.

Thanks
Mike C. - W7OSG

Mike Cooper

Well I went almost 24 hours without an error, been then they started up, even though the system was idle. They have gotten so bad that JTAlert is almost unusable. who do I send a copy of the config file to?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/11/2020 11:50 am, Mike Cooper wrote:
Well I went almost 24 hours without an error, been then they started up, even though the system was idle. They have gotten so bad that JTAlert is almost unusable. who do I send a copy of the config file to?
Send it to me direct.

As for the crashes. This sounds like PC Protection software interference rather than something broken within JTAlert especially considering that JTAlert is again starting to crash even when idle when it ran without issue for an extended period.

Most likely your protection software has done an update and is again interfering.
What protection software are you using? Check its logs to see if it is being "helpful" in keeping you protected.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike Cooper

Thanks, Sorry to be diffacult, but where do I find your e-mail address. Also, is there a limit to how many alerts can be enabled?

I am using Norton Lifelock

Mike C> - W7OSG

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 14/11/2020 12:17 pm, Mike Cooper wrote:
Thanks, Sorry to be diffacult, but where do I find your e-mail address. Also, is there a limit to how many alerts can be enabled?

I am using Norton Lifelock

Mike C> - W7OSG
Norton! I'm not saying that is the problem, but enough people have had problems with Norton products over the years that I am inclined to think that may be the culprit. In my case I worked in a large corporate IT environment and so many of our problems were resolved by ditching Norton products across the company.

Send you "config.sqlite" file to vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

No, there is no limit to the number of Alerts that can be enabled. I run with all Alerts enabled.

de Laurie VK3AMA

André C

Mike, I had a similar problem too,  I shut down JTaert to see and the problem disappears.  I then figure out it was coming from JTalert.  So I went to the config directory of JTAlert      C:\Users\(Your Callsign)\AppData\Local\HamApps\(Your Callsign)\config\JTAlertX      and in this directory you'll find config.sqlite and a bunch of other files ending with .sqlite.   They are all backup of the config.sqlite files.   Just pick one of them ( not the last )  at a previous date, before you have made the switch to version 2.16.15, and rename that file config.sqlite and delete the old config.sqlite.   This solve my problem, and hopefully solves problems of others hams too.   Let me know if this works for you.  Oh, and by the way, I rolled back to version 2.16.14 before I did this.  So now i'm at version 2.16.14 and hope for the next version coming soon.

73 André VE2WNF