locked JTAlert , WSJT-X and HRD v 6.7.0.357 trying to log FT4 contacts

ZF1RC Roger

I am trying to log FT4 contacts but HRD logs them as MFSK .
Can someone tell me how to these setup. The HRD Support  https://support.hamradiodeluxe.com/support/solutions/articles/51000055217-hrd-logbook-and-jtalert-for-ft4-logging  shows a suggestion that includes a JTAlert screen that does not match the current JTAlert setup.

73 Roger ZF1RC

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/07/2021 6:47 am, ZF1RC Roger via groups.io wrote:
I am trying to log FT4 contacts but HRD logs them as MFSK .
Can someone tell me how to these setup. The HRD Support  https://support.hamradiodeluxe.com/support/solutions/articles/51000055217-hrd-logbook-and-jtalert-for-ft4-logging  shows a suggestion that includes a JTAlert screen that does not match the current JTAlert setup.

73 Roger ZF1RC

HRD logging FT4 QSOs as MFSK is correct behavior.

FT4 is always logged by JTAlert as Mode=MFSK SubMode=FT4. That is the standard ADIF spec for the mode.

That HRD support document you refer to is using an old JTAlert settings image. The "Log FT4 as ADIF 3.1.0 compliant ..." checkbox no longer exists as there is no longer a requirement for that setting once HRD got their logbook updated (it took them many months compared to all the other Loggers btw) to use the correct specs for the mode.

No idea why the HRD document requires the Logging Success/Failure popup to be turned off.

de Laurie VK3AMA

ZF1RC Roger

It wasn't showing the sub mode which I discovered was because HRD Log needed to be updated to include an additional column. Once that was done everything functions as expected.
Thanks for your support of JTAlert.

73 Roger ZF1RC

Jim Nortron

My HRD shows the sub mode (grayed out) as FT4 while the mode is MFSK. If you submit the mode of FT4 to LoTW, it will reject the QSO and never get confirmed. Experience speaking here. Once I resubmitted, as MFSK, it immediately confirmed all my FT4 contacts. WD4T

Dave Garber

Is this is still an issue with HRD???  the problem I have is after MFSK has been uploaded, to eqsl, I can never confirm because it uploads without the submode, i think, and therefore does not match

not sure how many I am not getting confirms from on lotw side, or qrz

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 2:28 PM Jim Nortron <jnorton2406@...> wrote:
My HRD shows the sub mode (grayed out) as FT4 while the mode is MFSK. If you submit the mode of FT4 to LoTW, it will reject the QSO and never get confirmed. Experience speaking here. Once I resubmitted, as MFSK, it immediately confirmed all my FT4 contacts. WD4T

Monty Wilson, NR0A

It was fixed about a year ago.  There is a Youtube video that discusses the fix … https://youtu.be/v90ylxfn1Cg

Monty Wilson

nr0a.monty@...

Is this is still an issue with HRD???  the problem I have is after MFSK has been uploaded, to eqsl, I can never confirm because it uploads without the submode, i think, and therefore does not match

not sure how many I am not getting confirms from on lotw side, or qrz

Dave Garber

VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 2:28 PM Jim Nortron <jnorton2406@...> wrote:

My HRD shows the sub mode (grayed out) as FT4 while the mode is MFSK. If you submit the mode of FT4 to LoTW, it will reject the QSO and never get confirmed. Experience speaking here. Once I resubmitted, as MFSK, it immediately confirmed all my FT4 contacts. WD4T

Jim Nortron

HRD has a way of creating a Mode. I created a mode for FT4, and JTAlert did log it to HRD as I requested, as a FT4 mode contact. I uploaded those contacts to LoTW, and all appeared well. I happened to be elmering a friend with JTAlert and he asked why his and my qso wouldn’t confirm in LoTW? I changed by log back to MFSK and reuploaded to LoTW and my friend downloaded from LoTW and all mine and his qso’s confirmed, Verified. I downloaded from LoTW, and again our qso’s Verified. eQSL reacted likewise. In your HRD, add the field Sub Mode, to your logs Layout and all your FT4 qso’s will show up as a FT4 contact. HRD has always had this feature since FT4 came onto the scene, you just needed to add the sub mode field to you logging screen. I suggest you export a FT4 entry, then with something like ADIFMaster, add the sub mode column and populate it with FT4, and change the entry in the Mode column to read MFSK. Import it back into your HRD log, change the uploaded to LoTW to no, then upload that entry to LoTW then do a download from LoTW and see if it confirms then. If so, then change the eQSL upload to no, then upload it back to eQSL. It should give you a confirmation then. Just remember in the future, FT4 is a Submode of the MFSK Mode.. WD4T