locked JTAlert, WSJT with N3FJP for Field Day, all working with exception of mode does not change in N3FJP

KT7AZ

Just got all working with JTAlert, WSJT and N3FJP for Field day.  All appears to be functioning except that N3FJP always shows CW Mode (or wherever you set it manually).  Wondering if I am missing something or setting N3FJP mode manually is the only way to change Mode going to log.

I have the setup where WSJT is connected for radio control and JTAlert does the pass along for logging to N3FJP.

Not a big deal but you know how it gets during a contest.

Thanks,
Gary
--
KT7AZ

Dave Garber

When i log via jtalert/wsjt the mode is always entered correctly.   Drop down should be able change mode if manually logging.

On Sun., Jun. 6, 2021, 3:07 p.m. KT7AZ, <kt7az.v69@...> wrote:
Just got all working with JTAlert, WSJT and N3FJP for Field day.  All appears to be functioning except that N3FJP always shows CW Mode (or wherever you set it manually).  Wondering if I am missing something or setting N3FJP mode manually is the only way to change Mode going to log.

I have the setup where WSJT is connected for radio control and JTAlert does the pass along for logging to N3FJP.

Not a big deal but you know how it gets during a contest.

Thanks,
Gary
--
KT7AZ

David - AK2L

Gary,

I am curious.  Why did you bother with N3FJP?  WSJT-X will give you a Cabrillo log and JTAlert will tell you when you have already worked a station on a particular band.

AK2L

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/06/2021 5:07 am, KT7AZ wrote:
Just got all working with JTAlert, WSJT and N3FJP for Field day.  All appears to be functioning except that N3FJP always shows CW Mode (or wherever you set it manually).  Wondering if I am missing something or setting N3FJP mode manually is the only way to change Mode going to log.

I have the setup where WSJT is connected for radio control and JTAlert does the pass along for logging to N3FJP.

Not a big deal but you know how it gets during a contest.

Thanks,
Gary
--
KT7AZ

ACLog setting the mode is an ACLog function, it is not something WSJT-X or JTAlert can do. JTAlert will correctly log the WSJT-X mode.

de Laurie VK3AMA

KT7AZ

I am not just going to run FT8, I will be running PH, some CW and FLDIGI for PSK, I would like one smooth easy application where there is just one database.  N3FJP has no rival.

Gary
--
KT7AZ

KT7AZ