Topics

JTAlert - WAS and Grids

Tom Lewis

My log has contacts from when I lived in Florida and at my current QTH in NC. For WAS I can only use the QSLs from NC. Is there a way to tell JTAlert to use my entire log for DXCC and only contacts made after January 1995 for WAS?  I need the same for working VUCC grids on 6 meters.

73 Tom N4TL

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/12/2018 12:17 pm, Tom Lewis via Groups.Io wrote:
My log has contacts from when I lived in Florida and at my current QTH in NC. For WAS I can only use the QSLs from NC. Is there a way to tell JTAlert to use my entire log for DXCC and only contacts made after January 1995 for WAS?  I need the same for working VUCC grids on 6 meters.

73 Tom N4TL
Tom,

What Logger are you using?

Already on the todo list is the ability to have Alert type wanted lists updated (via the Scan Log) dependant on the Station Callsigns associated with the log entries. So you could have State alert lists only apply for NC QTH QSOs in your log while having all log QSOs, regardless of Station Callsign, apply for DXCC alert lists. This however wont work if you used the same Callsign from multiple States. The ability to use the Station Callsign for the Log Scans, as I said is on the todo list, but unlikely to be implemented any time soon.

However, what you want is already available if using DXLab DXKeeper as your logger. JTAlert can utilise the homeQTH settings of DXKeeper on a per Alert Scan basis. This however would require the log to have homeQTH definitions set for each of your different operating locations. In your case you would need a homeQTH set for FL and one set for NC and all the log QSOs appropriately assigned to the appropriate homeQTH. The Setting of homeQTH(s) for each Alert type scan is under the "Logging -> DXLab DXKeeper -> homeQTH Selections" section of tthe JTAlert Settings.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tom Lewis

Re: JTAlert - WAS and Grids
From: HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:09:54 PST

Tom,

[...]

I am using DXbase. I generate an ADIF file and put it in the directory for JTAlert. I have used the same callsign since 1976 in multiple states. When I am chasing six meter grids I will use a different ADIF that only has NC in it. For WAS there are only a few from Florida. I can manually change the wanted states in the settings windows.

73 Tom N4TL