Topics

JTAlert & Wanted Grid

Robert, SP8SN

Hallo All.
I have one question.
JTAlert 2.14.1 after decoding the station (MSK144 for example) shows the blue highlighting of the sign - Wanted Grid. But I already have this station in the log. It is true in FT8 mode, but I have this grid locator. How to set JTAlert not to show "Wanted Grid" when the station is in the log? The logging program is LOG4OM. Of course, I systematically do "Scan Log ..". In the settings I have "Any Band" and "Any Mode".
I would like JTALert to show the highlight when I don't have the given grid locator in the log. If it is possible ?
Best 73, Robert

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/08/2019 6:43 pm, Robert, SP8SN wrote:
I have one question.
JTAlert 2.14.1 after decoding the station (MSK144 for example) shows the blue highlighting of the sign - Wanted Grid. But I already have this station in the log. It is true in FT8 mode, but I have this grid locator. How to set JTAlert not to show "Wanted Grid" when the station is in the log? The logging program is LOG4OM. Of course, I systematically do "Scan Log ..". In the settings I have "Any Band" and "Any Mode".
I would like JTALert to show the highlight when I don't have the given grid locator in the log. If it is possible ?
Best 73, Robert

Robert,

The "Any Band" and "Any Mode" settings are correct for what your wanting to achieve.
The problem will be that the QSO in your log, for that grid, doesn't have the QSL confirmations matching what you have set for the Grid Scan. As a result the grid is not being added to the not-needed list after the Scan Log is run. For example, if the QSL confirmation required for the Grid scan is set to LoTW, but the QSO in your log is not marked as LoTW confirmed, then that grid will not be seen as confirmed during the Scan and will not be added to the not-needed list and will continue to be alerted.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Robert, SP8SN

Thamk You Laurie.
So, is there any possibility that JTAlert would not consider confirmation, but only working grid. I mean, if I had QSO in my log with KO01 for example, JTAlert will not show "wanted grid" when decode KO11 station, even if the log KO11 is not confirmed. In short, I don't care about confirmation but about working with a given grid locator.
Regards, Robert SP8SN

Tom Melvin

Hi

Into Settings -> Scan Log and Rebuild

Make sure ‘No QSL Confirmation (Any Worked Station) is TICKED

for the Wanted Grids entry

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 13 Aug 2019, at 11:09, Robert, SP8SN <r.krokowski@...> wrote:

Thamk You Laurie.
So, is there any possibility that JTAlert would not consider confirmation, but only working grid. I mean, if I had QSO in my log with KO01 for example, JTAlert will not show "wanted grid" when decode KO11 station, even if the log KO11 is not confirmed. In short, I don't care about confirmation but about working with a given grid locator.
Regards, Robert SP8SN

Robert, SP8SN

OK thank You, I will test it.
Best 73

On 13/08/2019 8:09 pm, Robert, SP8SN wrote:
So, is there any possibility that JTAlert would not consider confirmation, but only working grid. I mean, if I had QSO in my log with KO01 for example, JTAlert will not show "wanted grid" when decode KO11 station, even if the log KO11 is not confirmed. In short, I don't care about confirmation but about working with a given grid locator.
Regards, Robert SP8SN
Ignoring QSL confirmations is available for all the Alert types. The settings are independent of each other so you could have LoTW cfm required for say Dxcc alerts and worked only for Grids. Its your choice. See the settings for each Alert under the "Scan Log & Rebuild" section of the Settings window. Use the scrollbar to bring the Grid settings into view.

eg..

de Laurie VK3AMA

Robert, SP8SN

Yes, all works fine now. Thank You.
Best regards, Robert

W dniu 2019-08-14 o 01:37, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) pisze:

On 13/08/2019 8:09 pm, Robert, SP8SN wrote:
So, is there any possibility that JTAlert would not consider confirmation, but only working grid. I mean, if I had QSO in my log with KO01 for example, JTAlert will not show "wanted grid" when decode KO11 station, even if the log KO11 is not confirmed. In short, I don't care about confirmation but about working with a given grid locator.
Regards, Robert SP8SN
Ignoring QSL confirmations is available for all the Alert types. The settings are independent of each other so you could have LoTW cfm required for say Dxcc alerts and worked only for Grids. Its your choice. See the settings for each Alert under the "Scan Log & Rebuild" section of the Settings window. Use the scrollbar to bring the Grid settings into view.

eg..

de Laurie VK3AMA

on5po

Hello Robert,
I have the same principle as you, too, the fact of receiving, the report of your correspondent, suffices as confirmation,
Except, if you play the game of "lotw" and "eqslcc", you need it, but that leads to the disappearance of contacts made with Oms who are not member of lotw and or qslcc
73

ON5PO, Janny

[...]

Janny

Just to expand on that a little - On the HF bands not so much so but on the higher bands one of the main reasons is for awards - many societies (well RSGB anyway) need conformation and will only accept Paper or LOTW.  It is nice when you are getting near a threshold that you can get warned there is a area/grid/region to may have worked but still need confirmed.

Regards

Tom

--
73’s