jtalert v 2.50.6 broke

Mike Wilson

Installed 2.50.6 and now no display of calls, decode in wsjt-x ok. Went back to 2.50.5 and now it also will not displace the decodes from wsjt-x.

73 de KE5WCT

Mike Wilson

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jim Tanis

Try a reboot.  I have that problem when I switch from FT8 to FT4 in WSJT .  A reboot restores function.  I don't seem to have that problem going the other way.

73 Jim NX0R - Hays, KS

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 6:01 PM Mike Wilson <mwilson1946@...> wrote:

Installed 2.50.6 and now no display of calls, decode in wsjt-x ok. Went back to 2.50.5 and now it also will not displace the decodes from wsjt-x.

73 de KE5WCT

Mike Wilson

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike Wilson

Did the re-boot. No joy. Un-installed and re-installed 2.50.5 and still no go. Title bar on JTAlert shows “JTAlert 2.50.5 KE5WCT [???m,,DXK,#1] (updates)”. I think the ???m is the band being worked, so it is not communicating with wsjt-x.

Try a reboot.  I have that problem when I switch from FT8 to FT4 in WSJT .  A reboot restores function.  I don't seem to have that problem going the other way.

73 Jim NX0R - Hays, KS

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 6:01 PM Mike Wilson <mwilson1946@...> wrote:

Installed 2.50.6 and now no display of calls, decode in wsjt-x ok. Went back to 2.50.5 and now it also will not displace the decodes from wsjt-x.

73 de KE5WCT

Mike Wilson

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jim Tanis

Does it tell you that you have the correct version of .net installed when you load JTalert?

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 6:40 PM Mike Wilson <mwilson1946@...> wrote:

Did the re-boot. No joy. Un-installed and re-installed 2.50.5 and still no go. Title bar on JTAlert shows “JTAlert 2.50.5 KE5WCT [???m,,DXK,#1] (updates)”. I think the ???m is the band being worked, so it is not communicating with wsjt-x.

Try a reboot.  I have that problem when I switch from FT8 to FT4 in WSJT .  A reboot restores function.  I don't seem to have that problem going the other way.

73 Jim NX0R - Hays, KS

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 6:01 PM Mike Wilson <mwilson1946@...> wrote:

Installed 2.50.6 and now no display of calls, decode in wsjt-x ok. Went back to 2.50.5 and now it also will not displace the decodes from wsjt-x.

73 de KE5WCT

Mike Wilson

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/09/2021 8:50 am, Mike Wilson wrote:

Installed 2.50.6 and now no display of calls, decode in wsjt-x ok. Went back to 2.50.5 and now it also will not displace the decodes from wsjt-x

73 de KE5WCT

Mike Wilson

There were no UDP changes in the code with 2.50.6. There haven't been any for several versions now, so it is unlikely that something is fundamental broken in JTAlert. What other changes have you made to your PC other than the 2.50.6 update?

As a first step, perform a Windows restart. Pending Windows updates or long-running installations can often produce unexpected application behavior, especially with Win10.

Do you have any other applications trying to work with WSJT-X? If so, they may be taking exclusive control of the WSJT-X UDP port locking JTAlert out, especially if they are not set for multicast UDP.

Have a look in the JTAlert help, "Help -> WSJTX UDP Setup" menu, and setup WSJT-X and JTAlert to use multicast UDP. If you are already running multicast UDP, make sure you have the "Multicast on Loopback" menu enabled in JTAlert, see the before mentioned help article.

On 15/09/2021 9:40 am, Mike Wilson wrote:
Did the re-boot. No joy. Un-installed and re-installed 2.50.5 and still no go. Title bar on JTAlert shows “JTAlert 2.50.5 KE5WCT [???m,,DXK,#1] (updates)”. I think the ???m is the band being worked, so it is not communicating with wsjt-x.

Your running DXKeeper. Have you perhaps enabled WSJT-X integration within DXLab SpotCollector? If so, that will be the problem. DXLab supports only unicast UDP and would be blocking JTAlert from receiving UDP traffic from WSJT-X despite it being set for multicast (or unicast).

There is a help document somewhere in the DXLab wiki that describes how setup DXLab correctly to permit JTAlert operation.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Subich, W4TV

There is a help document somewhere in the DXLab wiki that describes
how setup DXLab correctly to permit JTAlert operation.
<www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert>

73,

... Joe, W4TV