locked JTAlert Trigger Transmission on WSJT-X

Bill Pearson (K4WWP)

I visited my friend up the street yesterday and he was able to double-click on a station on JTAlert and that action caused WSJT-X to automatically Enable Tx with that station.  I have searched configuration settings on JTAlert and WSJT-X to find such a setting but to no avail.  I have an ICOM 756Pro connected through a MicroKeyer II to my PC, with WSJT-X version 2.5.2 and JTAlert version 2.50.9.

Bill Pearson
K4WWP

Bill Pearson (K4WWP)

Sorry, immediately after sending you my operational question, I read your posting that said you do not answer such operational questions.  My bad.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 4:32 PM Bill Pearson <wwp2va@...> wrote:
I visited my friend up the street yesterday and he was able to double-click on a station on JTAlert and that action caused WSJT-X to automatically Enable Tx with that station.  I have searched configuration settings on JTAlert and WSJT-X to find such a setting but to no avail.  I have an ICOM 756Pro connected through a MicroKeyer II to my PC, with WSJT-X version 2.5.2 and JTAlert version 2.50.9.

Bill Pearson
K4WWP

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/01/2022 8:32 am, Bill Pearson (K4WWP) wrote:

Bill Pearson
K4WWP

Typically WSJTX not responding to callsign click events from JTAlert is not having WSJTX setup correctly. Specifically not having the "Accept UDP requests" option enabled under the "UDP Server" settings of WSJTX. For correct UDP setup see the JTAlert "Help -> WSJTX UDP Setup" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/01/2022 8:35 am, Bill Pearson (K4WWP) wrote:
Sorry, immediately after sending you my operational question, I read your posting that said you do not answer such operational questions.  My bad.

I don't recall posting that operational questions are not answered here. Do you have a link to the post?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael Black

Ensure Accept UDP requests is checked
Mike W9MDB
Inline image

Also you may want to try single-click
Inline image

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 04:31:26 PM CST, Bill Pearson (K4WWP) <wwp2va@...> wrote:

Bill Pearson
K4WWP

Bill Pearson (K4WWP)

Selecting "Accept UDP requests" did the trick.  Thank you very much. - K4WWP

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 5:37 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ensure Accept UDP requests is checked
Mike W9MDB
Inline image

Also you may want to try single-click
Inline image

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 04:31:26 PM CST, Bill Pearson (K4WWP) <wwp2va@...> wrote:

Bill Pearson
K4WWP

Bill Pearson (K4WWP)

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 5:36 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 20/01/2022 8:35 am, Bill Pearson (K4WWP) wrote:

I don't recall posting that operational questions are not answered here. Do you have a link to the post?

de Laurie VK3AMA