locked JTalert stops responding

Brad

Help I have tried everything I can thing of. as soo as a click on a call JTAlert stops responding. I'm running JTAlert, WSJT-X , HRD and Windows 10. It might work for one or 2 calls then locks up again. If and one can help me with this please respond. or if you can log on to my system and see if my setings are all messed up.

Thank you

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/07/2021 4:12 am, Brad wrote:
Help I have tried everything I can thing of. as soo as a click on a call JTAlert stops responding. I'm running JTAlert, WSJT-X , HRD and Windows 10. It might work for one or 2 calls then locks up again. If and one can help me with this please respond. or if you can log on to my system and see if my setings are all messed up.

Thank you

Version number of the software would help.

Since you mentioned HRD, I expect it is V6.something.

A number of HRD 6 users have experienced this type of problem. The exact cause is unknown, but it is related to using an MSAccess log in HRD. The usual fix is to perform an export of your current log, create a new Log in HRD and import the previous export, then switch JTAlert to using that new Log. In a very small number of cases, creating a new HRD MSAccess log didn't correct the behavior, but upgrading to using a MariaDB log did. HRD themselves recommend using MariaDB rather than MSAccess type logs.

de Laurie VK3AMA