locked JTAlert stops decoding after a couple hours

Brian

Hi I'm a new jtlaert user, and it seems to work fine but after a couple hours all decodes stop in the callsigns window.

The only thing that fixes this is stopping and restarting jtalert.  Stopping and restarting wsjt-x does not fix it.  The jtalert program does remain responsive, I can go into manage settings etc. fine, just nothing in the window.

I do note it says to update from the 7/15 version to the 7/29 version, but when I go to the web site and download the latest I get the same 7/15 version.

Windows 10 pro 2004 x86 and .net 5.08

thanks

Brian N3OC

Paul W5PF

Justto be sure you realize, the 7/29 refers to the Callsign Database update not the main program.

73, Paul W5PF

On 7/31/2021 7:10 AM, Brian wrote:
Hi I'm a new jtlaert user, and it seems to work fine but after a couple hours all decodes stop in the callsigns window.

The only thing that fixes this is stopping and restarting jtalert.  Stopping and restarting wsjt-x does not fix it.  The jtalert program does remain responsive, I can go into manage settings etc. fine, just nothing in the window.

I do note it says to update from the 7/15 version to the 7/29 version, but when I go to the web site and download the latest I get the same 7/15 version.

Windows 10 pro 2004 x86 and .net 5.08

thanks

Brian N3OC

Brian

Ah, OK got it.

Some more info on my problem.  A fresh install would NOT work with .NET desktop runtime 5.08 - it said .NET was not found.  I had to install the full runitme 5.08 to get it to work at all, but I still have this issue of no more decodes after it runs for a while.

Not sure if the .NET issue is related to my problem or not.

Brian N3OC

Jim Cooper

On 31 Jul 2021 at 11:20, Brian wrote:

Some more info on my problem.  A
fresh install would NOT work with
.NET desktop runtime 5.08 - it said
.NET was not found.  I had to install
the full runitme 5.08 to get it to
work at all, but I still have this
issue of no more decodes after it
runs for a while.
Are you talking about the Decodes window?

I have noticed for some time now that
occaisionally the display of decodes will stop
in that window; closing the window and re-opening
it with F4 loads all the missing decodes and then
resumes normal display.

This seems to be intermittent, with no obvious
time or cause. I haven't mentioned it before since
it's not that often, and it's a simple 'fix' to just
restart the window.

w2jc

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/07/2021 10:10 pm, Brian wrote:
Hi I'm a new jtlaert user, and it seems to work fine but after a couple hours all decodes stop in the callsigns window.

The only thing that fixes this is stopping and restarting jtalert.  Stopping and restarting wsjt-x does not fix it.  The jtalert program does remain responsive, I can go into manage settings etc. fine, just nothing in the window.

I do note it says to update from the 7/15 version to the 7/29 version, but when I go to the web site and download the latest I get the same 7/15 version.

Windows 10 pro 2004 x86 and .net 5.08

thanks

Brian N3OC

What version of WSJT-X?
Do you have WSJT-X set to use multicast UDP? If not, do so. See the JTAlert 'Help -> WSJT-X UDP Setup" menu.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Brian

Hi Laurie, no I didn't.  WSTX-X was just set to UDP on the loopback address 127.0.0.1.  I changed it to multicast and ticked the selection in jtalert will watch it a while and see if that fixes it.

WSJT-X version is 2.4.0

thanks

Brian N3OC