Topics

JTAlert Shortcut Issue

W7JHR@...

I just downloaded the latest version.  During the download process I only checked the shortcut box for WSJT-X and left the others blank.  The red icon showed up on my computer screen as usual.  When I clicked on the icon, I received a message that stated "Problem with shortcut.  The item JTAlert .eve that this shortcut refers has been changed or moved, so the shortcut will no longer work properly.  Do you want to delete this shortcut?"  I clicked yes.  Any ideas why  this is happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Paul-N5DUP

Jim,

I think it has something to do with your anti-virus software not liking the new version of JTAlert. I had the same thing happen and ended up uninstalling the new .9 version and reinstalled the .8 version. Some have excluded the HamApps folder in their anti-virus software.

Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 12, 2020, at 7:25 PM, W7JHR via Groups.Io <W7JHR@...> wrote:

I just downloaded the latest version.  During the download process I only checked the shortcut box for WSJT-X and left the others blank.  The red icon showed up on my computer screen as usual.  When I clicked on the icon, I received a message that stated "Problem with shortcut.  The item JTAlert .eve that this shortcut refers has been changed or moved, so the shortcut will no longer work properly.  Do you want to delete this shortcut?"  I clicked yes.  Any ideas why  this is happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/02/2020 12:25 pm, W7JHR via Groups.Io wrote:

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR
You PC protection software has removed the jtalert.exe file resulting in the shortcut error.

de Laurie VK3AMA

LA9AKA

Same happened to me as well. Using Win10, I looked in Windows Defender and it had quarantined a few files. You can choose to allow these files, after I did that all worked Ok. 

Hans Christian LA9AKA