locked JTAlert Settings

Trev

Hi Guys, my apologies for what is probably a simple question.  I have just downloaded JTAlert (yesterday) and spent some time connecting to HRD and trying to get to know the software.  Apart from the main page showing decodes and the alerts, the settings bar appeared as a separate page.  I noticed that it had an option that appeared to append the bar to JTDX so I opted for that however, the bar just disappeared from the screen and I now have no access to setting to change alerts etc.  I guess I've done something stupid, but how do I recover short of completely re-installing?  If its useful I'm running Win10 64bit and JTDX v 2.2.156.  By the way, this isn't due to a Windows upgrade as the problem occurred immediately I selected to append the settings bar.
Any help much appreciated,
Thanks, Trev EA5ISZ

Michael Black

See if this helps

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, July 9, 2021, 05:34:50 AM CDT, Trev <trev@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to reply.  I tried cascading windows and pretty much everything else I can think of but I cannot see the settings bar any longer.  Its very frustrating .
Thanks again
Trev

Michael Black

Try renaming C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\HamApps

That will start a new config.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, July 9, 2021, 10:06:34 AM CDT, Trev <trev@...> wrote:

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to reply.  I tried cascading windows and pretty much everything else I can think of but I cannot see the settings bar any longer.  Its very frustrating .
Thanks again
Trev

Trev

Thanks Mike, that worked and I now see the Settings bar.  It looks like I may have to re-do most of my settings but no problem.  It has allowed me to take a look at which command caused the problem in the first place which was ' [View] then [Dock to WSJT-x Window] maybe it doesn't like JTDX?  Either way many thanks.
Trev EA5ISZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/07/2021 8:25 pm, Trev wrote:
I have just downloaded JTAlert (yesterday) and spent some time connecting to HRD and trying to get to know the software.  Apart from the main page showing decodes and the alerts, the settings bar appeared as a separate page.  I noticed that it had an option that appeared to append the bar to JTDX so I opted for that however, the bar just disappeared from the screen and I now have no access to setting to change alerts etc.  I guess I've done something stupid, but how do I recover short of completely re-installing?  If its useful I'm running Win10 64bit and JTDX v 2.2.156.  By the way, this isn't due to a Windows upgrade as the problem occurred immediately I selected to append the settings bar.
Any help much appreciated,
Thanks, Trev EA5ISZ

You enabled JTAlert docking to JTDX and now the main JTAlert window is no longer visible so have lost access to the menu to turn off docking. Simple fix, either move the JTDX window away from the screen edge will automatically drag JTAlert back into view or resize the JTDX window, reducing its vertical height, will bring JTAlert back into view as the height changes and shrinks away from the screen edge.

The problem is that you have the JTDX window size or position
set such that its top or bottom edge, depending on the docking position set in JTAlert, up against the desktop edge forcing the docked JTAlert window to be positioned off screen.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Trev

Many thanks for that explanation Laurie, I shall hopefully get to grips with it in the morning. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,
Trev EA5ISZ

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021, 22:07 HamApps Support (VK3AMA), <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 9/07/2021 8:25 pm, Trev wrote:
[...]

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

So what I'm seeing.
Run away run away as monty python and the search for the holy grail.

On 9/07/2021 8:25 pm, Trev wrote:
[...]

Trevor Day

Trev

Well I tried again this morning and for 5 minutes or so despite resizing and moving individual windows the Settings bar couldn't be found.  As a last resort I grabbed the JTDX window and shook it to remove all other windows; when I shook it a second time to bring them back, there was the Settings bar properly appended to the bottom of the JTDX window!  Believe me, prior to this that bar was not simply hiding off screen or under another window, however that's now immaterial, I have it back and all is well with the world.
Thanks again Laurie and all the other guys who kindly responded.

73,
Trev EA5ISZ

Jim Cooper

On 10 Jul 2021 at 0:45, Trev wrote:

I have it back and all is well with the world.
you just had to wake up all those little pixels.

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

Just seeing so many issues onto of issues.