JTAlert QSL.COM XML Data Upload #FT8

A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU)

Edited

Today I paid for a one year subscription to QRZ.COM and set up JTAlert to upload data to QRZ.Com.
I was wondering how long it usually takes for a subscription to get activated at QRZ.COM’s end because QRZ.COM hasn’t been updated by JTAlert this evening whilst I’ve been making contacts and confirming the QSO's in WSJT-X.  I checked Norton and Malwarebytes but before I dig any deeper I figured that I had better check as it may take 24 hours or so after payment for the XML service to activate. I just don’t know.
Thanks,
Mark VK3BU

Dave Garber

assuming you meant qrz.com, not qsl.com they should have issued a key.  not sure where it goes in jtalert.  I thought jtalert only looked up calls, not upload.
check qrz.com for a key, under the logging tab

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 7:06 AM A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU) <andrewgillespie06@...> wrote:

Today I paid for a one year subscription to QSL.COM and set up JTAlert to upload data to QSL.Com.
I was wondering how long it usually takes for a subscription to get activated at QSL.COM’s end because QSL.COM hasn’t been updated by JTAlert this evening whilst I’ve been making contacts and confirming the QSO’s in WSJT-X.  I checked Norton and Malwarebytes but before I dig any deeper I figured that I had better check as it may take 24 hours or so after payment for the XML service to activate. I just don’t know.
Thanks,
Mark VK3BU

Dave Garber

my mistake   when you get the key number, copy and paste into webservices/online logs

webservices/xml is under online xml callbooks
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 7:39 AM Dave ve3wej <ve3wej@...> wrote:
[...]

Ron W3RJW

The QRZ.com key is under "my Logbook", "settings"
Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, wsjtx-2.5.2-win64_improved_widescreen+MAP65-3.0.0.exe, JTAlert 2.50.7, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.391
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU)

Thanks guys. Yes I meant QRZ.COM, ... I shouldn't post when I'm tired!
QRZ still isn't showing QSO's that are being confirmed in WSJT-X this morning, so I guess I must have a problem my end since it's been over 8 hours since I paid the QRZ subscription.
I just turned off Norton and Malwarebytes and still no luck.
I have enabled QRZ.com under Web Services>Online Logbooks and entered my API Key.
I'll now have a bit of a search in the forums to see if anyone else has had this problem.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Cheers, Mark VK3BU

Rob AG6RK

Hi Mark,

Do you have Std. ADIF file logging enabled?  I had same issue and had forgotten to enable this, after I did...problem solved.

73,
Rob - AG6RK

On Monday, November 22, 2021, 02:06:48 PM PST, A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU) <andrewgillespie06@...> wrote:

Thanks guys. Yes I meant QRZ.COM, ... I shouldn't post when I'm tired!
QRZ still isn't showing QSO's that are being confirmed in WSJT-X this morning, so I guess I must have a problem my end since it's been over 8 hours since I paid the QRZ subscription.
I just turned off Norton and Malwarebytes and still no luck.
I have enabled QRZ.com under Web Services>Online Logbooks and entered my API Key.
I'll now have a bit of a search in the forums to see if anyone else has had this problem.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Cheers, Mark VK3BU

A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU)

Thanks Rob, I just fixed the problem then before I read your post unfortunately, ... would have saved me some time. Yes that was the problem. I'm only using WSJT-X, JTAlert and QRZ.com at the moment, no other logging software. Everything was working well except for the QRZ issue and the "Show QSO's History" popup not populating with data, but with JTAlert all good as far as worked B4 stations apart from that.
I was using the WSJT-X ADIF file as the worked B4 database file (loading it once initially) and I hadn't enabled Standard ADIF File Logging because I didn't have any other ADIF file to use other than the WSJT-X ADIF file and you can't use that. I ended making a copy of the WSJT-X ADIF file and JTAlert is now using that for both logging and worked B4 data. Both the WSJT-X ADIF file and the JTAlert ADIF files are now being updated when I make a contact.
On making that change, i.e. enabling standard ADIF file logging and making a log file for JTAlert to use, QRZ.com XML data works and the "Show QSO's History" popup is fully populated with data.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
Cheers, Mark VK3BU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/11/2021 1:32 pm, A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU) wrote:
[...]

I did point out in this message posted a week ago, the first bullet point, that no QSO History could be due to not having a logger enabled in JTAlert

de Laurie VK3AMA

A. Mark Gillespie (VK3BU)

Thanks Laurie, yes you did. At the time enabling logging made me loose my worked B4 data (because I couldn't select the WSJT-X ADIF file and you loose the ability to select a worked B4 database.
Since I don't use any other logging software it was a bit hard to point JTAlert to a populated ADIF file because I only use WSJT-X and you can't use that file for JTAlert logging. I had to figure out that I had to make my own ADIF up from a copy the WSJT-X ADIF file to enable JTAlert to log and also have the worked B4 data.
All sorted now, am very happy to have the software now all working as it's intended.
It's great software!
Cheers, Mark VK3BU