Topics

JTALERT - "pre-loading" worked callsigns

Steve Roth

I have been logging QSO's for several months.  I just started using JTALERT.  It annotates callsigns worked as "B4".  How can I teach JTALERT the callsigns that I have ALREADY worked in the past to be annotated?  I hope that I have described my issue correctly.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 6/01/2021 7:33 am, Steve Roth wrote:
I have been logging QSO's for several months.  I just started using JTALERT.  It annotates callsigns worked as "B4".  How can I teach JTALERT the callsigns that I have ALREADY worked in the past to be annotated?  I hope that I have described my issue correctly.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Steve Roth

Thanks, I will try it. 73. Steve

Mobile

On Jan 5, 2021, at 17:28, Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 6/01/2021 7:33 am, Steve Roth wrote:
I have been logging QSO's for several months.  I just started using JTALERT.  It annotates callsigns worked as "B4".  How can I teach JTALERT the callsigns that I have ALREADY worked in the past to be annotated?  I hope that I have described my issue correctly.
<B4db.png>

de Laurie VK3AMA

Steve Roth

Unfortunately, it did not work. I used my two-month log entries from HRD, and used that to create the new "B4" adif per the app, which I loaded.  I did several tests to see if old qso's would show up as "B4", but they did not.  I can build new "B4" callsigns and they show up, but none of my old (before JTAlert) ones show "B4".

I used the procedure that you sent me but it did not work.  I am doing something wrong, I am sure.  Frustrating.

On 7/01/2021 12:40 pm, Steve Roth wrote:
Unfortunately, it did not work. I used my two-month log entries from HRD, and used that to create the new "B4" adif per the app, which I loaded.  I did several tests to see if old qso's would show up as "B4", but they did not.
There will likely be something unusual with the ADIF file you used. Send it to me direct and I will test it. Send to  vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 7/01/2021 12:40 pm, Steve Roth wrote:
Unfortunately, it did not work. I used my two-month log entries from HRD, and used that to create the new "B4" adif per the app, which I loaded.  I did several tests to see if old qso's would show up as "B4", but they did not.
There will likely be something unusual with the ADIF file you used. Send it to me direct and I will test it.
Send to  vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

Also , Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Steve Roth

I am doing a "truth test" to determine if my file worked.  So, I will let you know after I monitor the situation.  I really appreciate your quick help.  Regards, Steve  AD4K

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 8:55 PM Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 7/01/2021 12:40 pm, Steve Roth wrote:
> Unfortunately, it did not work. I used my two-month log entries from
> HRD, and used that to create the new "B4" adif per the app, which I
> loaded.  I did several tests to see if old qso's would show up as
> "B4", but they did not.

There will likely be something unusual with the ADIF file you used. Send
it to me direct and I will test it.
Send to  vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

Also , Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main
JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Steve Roth

Okay, after some monitoring I need to ask an important question - Is JTALERT "smart enough" to differentiate my contacts as to band and mode?  Example, say I worked a station on 40M on FT8.  Later I worked the same station on 40M FT4.  Will it show that station as "B4" or not?

Basically, I tried in my "truth test" to prove that my uploading of the ADI file of previous QSO's would match my logging up for "B4" purposes.  I looked for a contact to prove to myself that JTALERT was NOT going to indicate "B4" if it was on the same band and same mode.  I could not find any.

Okay, I think that I have used enough of your valuable time.  I like JTALERT and it is a great help in filtering through the digital stuff so I can pay attention to what I really need.  Thanks so much for your patience.

Regards, Steve   - AD4K - Central Florida

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Steve Roth via groups.io <ad4k.steven=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am doing a "truth test" to determine if my file worked.  So, I will let you know after I monitor the situation.  I really appreciate your quick help.  Regards, Steve  AD4K

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 8:55 PM Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 7/01/2021 12:40 pm, Steve Roth wrote:
> Unfortunately, it did not work. I used my two-month log entries from
> HRD, and used that to create the new "B4" adif per the app, which I
> loaded.  I did several tests to see if old qso's would show up as
> "B4", but they did not.

There will likely be something unusual with the ADIF file you used. Send
it to me direct and I will test it.
Send to  vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

Also , Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main
JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

It's up to you....

Inline image
Mike W9MDB

On Friday, January 8, 2021, 04:23:10 PM CST, Steve Roth <ad4k.steven@...> wrote:

Okay, after some monitoring I need to ask an important question - Is JTALERT "smart enough" to differentiate my contacts as to band and mode?  Example, say I worked a station on 40M on FT8.  Later I worked the same station on 40M FT4.  Will it show that station as "B4" or not?

Basically, I tried in my "truth test" to prove that my uploading of the ADI file of previous QSO's would match my logging up for "B4" purposes.  I looked for a contact to prove to myself that JTALERT was NOT going to indicate "B4" if it was on the same band and same mode.  I could not find any.

Okay, I think that I have used enough of your valuable time.  I like JTALERT and it is a great help in filtering through the digital stuff so I can pay attention to what I really need.  Thanks so much for your patience.

Regards, Steve   - AD4K - Central Florida

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Steve Roth via groups.io <ad4k.steven=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am doing a "truth test" to determine if my file worked.  So, I will let you know after I monitor the situation.  I really appreciate your quick help.  Regards, Steve  AD4K

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 8:55 PM Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 7/01/2021 12:40 pm, Steve Roth wrote:
> Unfortunately, it did not work. I used my two-month log entries from
> HRD, and used that to create the new "B4" adif per the app, which I
> loaded.  I did several tests to see if old qso's would show up as
> "B4", but they did not.

There will likely be something unusual with the ADIF file you used. Send
it to me direct and I will test it.
Send to  vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

Also , Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main
JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Steve Roth

Thanks for reminding me.  So many choices. 73

Mobile

On 9/01/2021 9:22 am, Steve Roth wrote:
Is JTALERT "smart enough" to differentiate my contacts as to band and mode?  Example, say I worked a station on 40M on FT8.  Later I worked the same station on 40M FT4.  Will it show that station as "B4" or not?

JTAlert, by default, considers both the Band and Mode when determining the B4 status.

In your example, a 40m FT4 decode would not be considered a B4 if there was a previous 40m FT8 QSO in the log if your using the default settings.

Is this what your experiencing?
What is the source of your ADIF file? Does is contain correct Band and Mode data, especially for FT4?
JTAlert will consider the Adif compliant <MODE> = MFSK, <SUBMODE> = FT4 definition and the non-compliant <MODE> = FT4. Some loggers have been known to not correctly output the FT4 definition, simply using <MODE> = MFSK with no <SUBMODE>. In those cases JTAlert would not find your previous FT4 qsos.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Steve Roth

I managed to get it working thanks to you and another helper here.  It always did "work", it was just that I was not using all the capabilities that it has.  There were so many things to affect the outcome that I did not consider.  I have it "tuned up" as I need it now.  Wow, what a powerful piece of software.  It is saving me lots of time knowing if I worked someone before, on another band, on a different signal type.  Some operators do not like when you QSO with them when you had done before.  I can't thank y'all enough for the focused help.  Thanks, DE AD4K  Steve