Topics

locked JTAlert not spotting 160M alerts

Jim Denneny

JTAlert spots alerts on all bands but 160M.  Checked settings.  I do not see a band filter excluding 160M.  How do I fix this?

73, Jim K7EG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/01/2021 2:35 am, Jim Denneny wrote:
JTAlert spots alerts on all bands but 160M.  Checked settings.  I do not see a band filter excluding 160M.  How do I fix this?

73, Jim K7EG

JTAlert doesn't restrict spotting of specific bands. There is no facility for that in the code. Heck, it will even correctly spot bands for which there is no direct JTAlert alerting support, like 70cm and the other Bands above 2m.

How are you determining that your 160m spots are missing? Where are you looking?
I checked both PSKReporter and HamSpots, neither shows any 160m activity from you.

The only time JTAlert will not send spots is if the frequency of operation is unknown. This typically happens when WSJT-X is not reporting your Rig frequency, displaying all zeros. I assume WSJT-X posting to PSKReporter is similarly not posting zero frequency spots.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Denneny

Thanks Laurie.  I saw first 160M spot on JTAlert this morning.  Solid freq reporting from K3s on all bands.  Not sure why this happened but hope issue is now history.  Great app.
73, Jim K7EG