Topics

locked JTAlert Not Responding When Moving from DX to Local

Robert A Wilson

Off and on I've had trouble with JTAlert not responding in what I thought was random occurrences. In the last few days with the bands opening a bit and focusing on DX, I've noticed that it doesn't seem to have this issue when working DX stations. As soon as I click on a station in the US, the JTAlert memory jumps up about 10 MBs and the window shows not responding. If I let it sit, it will eventually quickly display what was missed and start functioning again. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?
Thanks,
Robert
KN4CNU

Dave Garber

perhaps you have a filter set to not show local  (usa)
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 6:58 PM Robert A Wilson <fishnscout@...> wrote:
Off and on I've had trouble with JTAlert not responding in what I thought was random occurrences. In the last few days with the bands opening a bit and focusing on DX, I've noticed that it doesn't seem to have this issue when working DX stations. As soon as I click on a station in the US, the JTAlert memory jumps up about 10 MBs and the window shows not responding. If I let it sit, it will eventually quickly display what was missed and start functioning again. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?
Thanks,
Robert
KN4CNU

Robert A Wilson

Dave,
Thanks for your response. I wonder if this could be due to some filtering setting. With that said, I'm seeing the US stations on the grid and I'm clicking on them to respond to CQs. If that was set, they shouldn't show up, right?
Robert

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 8:14 PM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:
[...]

I haven't had much luck figuring this out. I hope to spend time this weekend on it. In the meantime with the bands opening a bit I filtered out NA and am working DX exclusively. It has been fun. :-)

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 1:11 PM Robert A Wilson via groups.io <fishnscout=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I converted the HRD database from Access to MariaDB and it seems to be working better. It is odd that the issue only occurs with NA stations.  I used these instructions.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 3:24 PM Robert A Wilson via groups.io <fishnscout=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/11/2020 8:21 am, Robert A Wilson wrote:
I converted the HRD database from Access to MariaDB and it seems to be working better.
Wise move.

You likely would have corrected the problem by creating a new HRD Access Log file, importing your old contacts, and setting JTAlert to use that new Log.

In recent months there have been a significant number of HRD users experiencing severe JTAlert slowdown to complete lockup. This was tracked down to a problem with their Access Log, either the log file or the ODBC DSN defined for the Log. The fix in all cases was to create a new HRD Access Log file.

de Laurie VK3AMA