locked Jtalert messaging

Jim Tanis

Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/09/2021 10:32 am, Jim Tanis wrote:
Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Messaging is working. You can test by sending a message to yourself.

The current Messaging is backwards compatible with older implementations, up to a point. What JTAlert version are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Tanis

I got your message, but you apparently did not get the 2 I attempted to send back.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 8:32 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/09/2021 10:32 am, Jim Tanis wrote:
Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Messaging is working. You can test by sending a message to yourself.

The current Messaging is backwards compatible with older implementations, up to a point. What JTAlert version are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Tanis

2.50.5 is the version I am using

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 8:32 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/09/2021 10:32 am, Jim Tanis wrote:
Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Messaging is working. You can test by sending a message to yourself.

The current Messaging is backwards compatible with older implementations, up to a point. What JTAlert version are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Tanis

I tried to send one to myself (Didn't know that was possible)  But I did not get a response.  Is there some configuring to do on messaging?  It always worked before.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 8:32 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/09/2021 10:32 am, Jim Tanis wrote:
Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Messaging is working. You can test by sending a message to yourself.

The current Messaging is backwards compatible with older implementations, up to a point. What JTAlert version are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Tanis

I must have had a bad install.  Installed the .6 version (Had the .5 one installed) and the problem went away.  A bad install is the only thing I can think of.  TNX es 73  Jim NX0R - Hays, KS

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 7:32 PM Jim Tanis <jimnx0r@...> wrote:
Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Monty Wilson, NR0A

Laurie has reported that a few people were having the problem you are having.  Because of that he just released 2.50.6 yesterday that includes a fix for this issue.

Monty, NR0A

On 14/09/2021 10:32 am, Jim Tanis wrote:

Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Messaging is working. You can test by sending a message to yourself.

The current Messaging is backwards compatible with older implementations, up to a point. What JTAlert version are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Tanis

Working for me!  Thanks!

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021, 8:52 PM Monty Wilson, NR0A <nr0a.monty@...> wrote:

Laurie has reported that a few people were having the problem you are having.  Because of that he just released 2.50.6 yesterday that includes a fix for this issue.

Monty, NR0A

On 14/09/2021 10:32 am, Jim Tanis wrote:

Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Messaging is working. You can test by sending a message to yourself.

The current Messaging is backwards compatible with older implementations, up to a point. What JTAlert version are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

kb2m@arrl.net

Just sent a test message here to myself with new version and it worked with no issues or configuration changes...

73 Jeff kb2m

On 9/13/2021 9:35 PM, Jim Tanis wrote:
I tried to send one to myself (Didn't know that was possible)  But I did not get a response.  Is there some configuring to do on messaging?  It always worked before.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 8:32 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/09/2021 10:32 am, Jim Tanis wrote:
Is jtalert messaging working?  Sent several messages and no response.

If working, is it backwards compatible?

73 Jim NX0R

Messaging is working. You can test by sending a message to yourself.

The current Messaging is backwards compatible with older implementations, up to a point. What JTAlert version are you using?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Tanis

Mine is working fine with the new version too.