locked JTAlert Macros file

vk7cej@y7mail.com

I recently had a massive computer problem which meant starting everything from scratch on a new drive.    most of the files, but not all on th old drive are accessible so, could someone please tell me the file name and location for my old alert macros file, I would like to just copy it across if I can.

regards

John

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/06/2021 2:24 pm, vk7cej@... via groups.io wrote:

I recently had a massive computer problem which meant starting everything from scratch on a new drive.    most of the files, but not all on th old drive are accessible so, could someone please tell me the file name and location for my old alert macros file, I would like to just copy it across if I can.

The Macros definitions are stored in the JTAlert config file, which also stores all your settings and wanted lists. Recovering that file will restore JTAlert to its state prior to your PC problems.

See the "Frequently Asked Questions" section, "Move JTAlert to a New PC" topic of the Help file. That describes where all the JTAlert files are located. If you only want the config file, it will be located at %localappdata%\HamApps\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\config\JTAlertX\ and is named "
config.sqlite".

de Laurie VK3AMA

vk7cej@y7mail.com

thank you very much for the answer Laurie.   Sadly, the location is no longer accessible on the old drive.   Oh well, easy come easy go as they say.    I will just have to go in and re do the ones I remember.

Thanks again

73

John

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/06/2021 6:22 am, vk7cej@... via groups.io wrote:

thank you very much for the answer Laurie.   Sadly, the location is no longer accessible on the old drive.   Oh well, easy come easy go as they say.    I will just have to go in and re do the ones I remember.

Rather than starting with a blank slate, you can load a default set of Macros. Then edit/add per your specific requirements.
Click the "expand" icon, followed by the "default set" icon.

de Laurie VK3AMA

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

Once rebuilt get across true image back up to external hard drive.  True image also has ransomvware protection.