Topics

locked JTAlert/LoTW Not Sync'ed


Patrick Hung
 

I've been struggling to sync JTAlert's Worked-All-States to LoTW records, but can't seem to get it right - I'd welcome any comment on this...

LoTW shows that I no longer need a particular state for WAS, in either band or mode (shown on the Awards Applications page, so I assume that the state has been confirmed). After I download the day's data from LoTW into ACLog, and perform a rebuild of JTAlert, JTAlert still shows the state as "needed", with a check-mark next to it. Hmm, so I uncheck the needed-state box of that state in JTAlert, Save, and click OK. I download the data (along with some new QSOs) again the following day, perform the same series of actions, and JTALert has again marked that state as needed, after a DB rebuild. 

Could it be something in my ACLog DB? Although I haven't looked there, I have had the software download all CONFIRMED QSOs from LoTW on a number of occasions in the past month, so ACLog and LoTW should be sync'ed properly.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Thanks.
--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


Larry Banks
 

Hi Patrick,
 
Do you have JTAlert tracking WAS by “Any Mode” or by one of the digital modes?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

 

Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 11:55
Subject: [HamApps] JTAlert/LoTW Not Sync'ed
 
I've been struggling to sync JTAlert's Worked-All-States to LoTW records, but can't seem to get it right - I'd welcome any comment on this...

LoTW shows that I no longer need a particular state for WAS, in either band or mode (shown on the Awards Applications page, so I assume that the state has been confirmed). After I download the day's data from LoTW into ACLog, and perform a rebuild of JTAlert, JTAlert still shows the state as "needed", with a check-mark next to it. Hmm, so I uncheck the needed-state box of that state in JTAlert, Save, and click OK. I download the data (along with some new QSOs) again the following day, perform the same series of actions, and JTALert has again marked that state as needed, after a DB rebuild.

Could it be something in my ACLog DB? Although I haven't looked there, I have had the software download all CONFIRMED QSOs from LoTW on a number of occasions in the past month, so ACLog and LoTW should be sync'ed properly.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Thanks.
--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


Patrick Hung
 

Larry,

I track by INDIVIDUAL BAND, and also INDIVIDUAL MODE.

I've done some investigating, and it appears that JTAlert and ACLog are sync'ing fine... it's between ACLog and LoTW that has me stumped. Before I head over to the ACLog group, let me know what you think of my logic:

LoTW confirms that I have completed all 50 states for 40m.
LoTW confirms 48 states for FT8, needing only NJ and RI.
Strangely,
JTAlert indicates that I need NJ, RI, and MA for 40m FT8.

The first two confirmations render the need for MA on 40m/FT8 an impossibility, as MA has been accounted for in both of those statements? My head hurts.

Here's my screenshot for 40m FT8 on JTAlert:




--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


Larry Banks
 

Hi Patrick,
 
Perhaps you need to check your MA confirmation in ACLog to be sure it is for FT8.  My guess is that if you change “Individual Mode” to “Any Mode” in JTAlert you will see it.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

 

Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 16:06
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert/LoTW Not Sync'ed
 
Larry,

I track by INDIVIDUAL BAND, and also INDIVIDUAL MODE.

I've done some investigating, and it appears that JTAlert and ACLog are sync'ing fine... it's between ACLog and LoTW that has me stumped. Before I head over to the ACLog group, let me know what you think of my logic:

LoTW confirms that I have completed all 50 states for 40m.
LoTW confirms 48 states for FT8, needing only NJ and RI.
Strangely,
JTAlert indicates that I need NJ, RI, and MA for 40m FT8.

The first two confirmations render the need for MA on 40m/FT8 an impossibility, as MA has been accounted for in both of those statements? My head hurts.

Here's my screenshot for 40m FT8 on JTAlert:




--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


Michael Black
 

Check your MA confirmation and ensure it's registered correctly in ACLog as MA.
And that you "Rebuild Alert Database".

Mike W9MDB




On Thursday, January 14, 2021, 03:06:25 PM CST, Patrick Hung <pathung@...> wrote:


Larry,

I track by INDIVIDUAL BAND, and also INDIVIDUAL MODE.

I've done some investigating, and it appears that JTAlert and ACLog are sync'ing fine... it's between ACLog and LoTW that has me stumped. Before I head over to the ACLog group, let me know what you think of my logic:

LoTW confirms that I have completed all 50 states for 40m.
LoTW confirms 48 states for FT8, needing only NJ and RI.
Strangely,
JTAlert indicates that I need NJ, RI, and MA for 40m FT8.

The first two confirmations render the need for MA on 40m/FT8 an impossibility, as MA has been accounted for in both of those statements? My head hurts.

Here's my screenshot for 40m FT8 on JTAlert:




--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/01/2021 8:06 am, Patrick Hung wrote:

I track by INDIVIDUAL BAND, and also INDIVIDUAL MODE.

I've done some investigating, and it appears that JTAlert and ACLog are sync'ing fine... it's between ACLog and LoTW that has me stumped. Before I head over to the ACLog group, let me know what you think of my logic:

LoTW confirms that I have completed all 50 states for 40m.
LoTW confirms 48 states for FT8, needing only NJ and RI.
Strangely,
JTAlert indicates that I need NJ, RI, and MA for 40m FT8.

This should be easy to solve since there is only one log record involved.
  • Check the QSO (that you believe is the MA record) in ACLog and check that is does indeed have MA set as the State for the 40m/FT8.
  • If it does, then check that it has been set as LoTW confirmed, which should happen after your update your log via an Lotw sync (or whatever the term is used by ACLog).
  • If the record is marked Lotw confirmed and is for 40m/FT8, then run the JTAlert Database Rebuild, which does a direct lookup of your log.
  • If after that, JTAlert is still showing MA as needed then I will need to get a copy of your ACLog log file for examination.

Remember this order...
  1. Sync your Log with Lotw to get your confirmations into the log.
  2. Run JTAlert Alert Database Rebuild.

There is no point in running the rebuild unless there have been recent LoTW confirmations applied your log or if you have not done an LoTW update since the last JTAlert rebuild.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Patrick Hung
 

Thank you all very much for your input, Mike, Larry, and Laurie.

I will surely check that MA is logged correctly in ACLog - I suspect that this is where the problem might be... however, if it is NOT logged correctly, why does LoTW no longer indicate that MA is needed for its WAS award? Anyway, one step at a time, and I'll get back with an update tomorrow.

Thanks again!
--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


Michael Black
 

Because LOTW uses THEIR state (not the one you claim) and JTAlert uses the state in your database record.  So a mismatch is possible.

Mike




On Friday, January 15, 2021, 01:36:50 AM CST, Patrick Hung <pathung@...> wrote:


Thank you all very much for your input, Mike, Larry, and Laurie.

I will surely check that MA is logged correctly in ACLog - I suspect that this is where the problem might be... however, if it is NOT logged correctly, why does LoTW no longer indicate that MA is needed for its WAS award? Anyway, one step at a time, and I'll get back with an update tomorrow.

Thanks again!
--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


Patrick Hung
 

I looked at this more closely this morning, and can confirm again that JTAlert and ACLog are synced correctly, and have also come to conclude that there is NO issue between ACLog and LoTW, as I could not find a confirmed QSO on LoTW that sported the 40m/FT8/Massachusetts combination (JTAlert shows this as a needed combination). Although WAS shows that I do not need MA in either FT8 or 40m, the combination of these is one that the database lacks. So, there was no problem to begin with :-|

I did gain something out of this wild goose-chase though, a member of this forum contacted me offline and offered a needed 40m Rhode Island QSO, which we successfully arranged this evening... thanks! NOW, I'd be really happy if a New Jerseyan contacted me offline as well...
--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


David De Coons
 

Hi Paul

I can get on 40 FT8 if you like. 
My email is good on QRZ. 


73
Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans. 

On Jan 16, 2021, at 12:19 AM, Patrick Hung <pathung@...> wrote:

I looked at this more closely this morning, and can confirm again that JTAlert and ACLog are synced correctly, and have also come to conclude that there is NO issue between ACLog and LoTW, as I could not find a confirmed QSO on LoTW that sported the 40m/FT8/Massachusetts combination (JTAlert shows this as a needed combination). Although WAS shows that I do not need MA in either FT8 or 40m, the combination of these is one that the database lacks. So, there was no problem to begin with :-|

I did gain something out of this wild goose-chase though, a member of this forum contacted me offline and offered a needed 40m Rhode Island QSO, which we successfully arranged this evening... thanks! NOW, I'd be really happy if a New Jerseyan contacted me offline as well...
--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR


David De Coons
 

Hi Patrick

I tried to contact you direct but you do not have an email listed on QRZ.com

Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.

On Jan 16, 2021, at 12:19 AM, Patrick Hung <pathung@gmail.com> wrote:

W6AJR


Patrick Hung
 

Hi David,

Thanks for the offer - I will send you an email in a bit. I recently changed my callsign, so haven't filled out my QRZ profile yet, but will do so soon; thanks for the heads up.

--
73,

Patrick - W6AJR