locked JTAlert load failure

Jim Denneny

Latest JTAlert will not load today even after reboot.  Running WSJT 2.4.0 rc1.  This has not happened before today.

73, Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

In addition to JTAlert issue, it is hung up.  I cannot close  "non-responding" JTAlert with Task Manager.  Windows 10 latest updates installed.  No other issues noted.

Jim K7EG

Tom Melvin

At a guess - try updating wsjt-x to 2.4rc3 - wonder if wsjt-x has hit the ‘will not work after xxx. date.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 19 Mar 2021, at 15:03, Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@comcast.net> wrote:

In addition to JTAlert issue, it is hung up. I cannot close "non-responding" JTAlert with Task Manager. Windows 10 latest updates installed. No other issues noted.

Jim K7EG

Carl - WC4H

Edited

Hi Jim.

WSJT-X V2.4 is already on RC4.  Suggest that, if you want to participate in the RC program, you update to the latest version.  Version RC3 expired in January so RC1 expired before that.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Jim Denneny

Thanks Carl & Tom

Rolled WSJT-X back to v2.3.0 and JT Alert starts again.  Must not like rc3. I have quit chasing the rc game.

73, Jim K7EG

g4wjs

On 20/03/2021 13:50, Jim Denneny wrote:
Thanks Carl & Tom

Rolled WSJT-X back to v2.3.0 and JT Alert starts again.  Must not like rc3. I have quit chasing the rc game.

73, Jim K7EG
Jim,

are you using multicast UDP to communicate between WSJT-X an d JTAlert?

Bill
G4WJS.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/03/2021 12:50 am, Jim Denneny wrote:
Rolled WSJT-X back to v2.3.0 and JT Alert starts again.  Must not like rc3. I have quit chasing the rc game.

73, Jim K7EG

JTAlert has no trouble working with -rc3. As part of my ongoing JTAlert tests, I always run my shack PC with the latest WSJT-X release.

de Laurie VK3AMA