locked JTAlert is famous. 2 new QEX Japan articles and another Funk Amateur article.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

What a surprise when I visited my local post office today, after being stuck at home the last 3 weeks under a Covid lockdown imposed on a few million of us here in Melbourne VK.

Two issues of QEX Japan with very lengthy 10 page reviews of JTAlert in both issues. Also a new issue of Funk Amateur with a second article about JTAlert.

While, I cannot read Japanese or German I can tell that a lot of effort was put into the articles.

I want to thank Masa JR1AQN and Willi DJ6JZ for their efforts in writing the JTAlert reviews and getting them published.

Thanks very much guys!
de Laurie VK3AMA

Jamie GOLLY

Laurie, that’s because “You Da Man”!!!!!

Seriously, what JT Alert is able to do is simply amazing. The time and effort you and your team have spent to make it what it is is remarkable to say the least. 

It sure has made connectivity between programs a snap as well as notifications invaluable, for that I say thank you.  

Jamie
K6NGN 

On Jul 26, 2021, at 7:52 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

What a surprise when I visited my local post office today, after being stuck at home the last 3 weeks under a Covid lockdown imposed on a few million of us here in Melbourne VK.

Two issues of QEX Japan with very lengthy 10 page reviews of JTAlert in both issues. Also a new issue of Funk Amateur with a second article about JTAlert.

While, I cannot read Japanese or German I can tell that a lot of effort was put into the articles.

I want to thank Masa JR1AQN and Willi DJ6JZ for their efforts in writing the JTAlert reviews and getting them published.

Thanks very much guys!
de Laurie VK3AMA

Masaaaki Maeda

Laurie,

Thank you for your comment on ML.

I am very happy to introduce JTAlert for Japanese hams by my articles in QST Japan!

Take care!

Masa

JR1AQN

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 10:52 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] JTAlert is famous. 2 new QEX Japan articles and another Funk Amateur article.

Thanks very much guys!
de Laurie VK3AMA

Chuck Adams

Laurie,

Woo hoo!

Do you have a link to these articles?

Or can you get them scanned (higher resolution the better) so we can see them too?

I speak some German and could get any scanned (non-data) document converted via character recognition to data format.

Congratulations.

I believe that JTAlert is by far one of the best pieces of software for ham radio I have ever seen.

Chuck Adams

KV4VT

P.S.

https://www.funkamateur.de/nachrichtendetails/items/JT-Alert_2.1.4.html

JTAlert With FT4 Support

2019-07-30

Aktivitätsfenster von JT-Alert 2.1.4: Die Anzeige ist umschaltbar zwischen weltweiter Aktivität und der ausschließlich in Europa.

Click enlarged!

Graphical user interface, application, table, Excel

Description automatically generated

Laurie Cowcher, VK3AMA, released JT-Alert 2.1.4, the first version of his software with full FT4 support.  JTAlert is a utility that, in conjunction with the WSJT-X and JTDX programs, displays additional information about stations in the weak signal modes JT65, JT9, FT8 and FT4.  By comparison with the local logbook, it is recognizable by color highlighting which stations have already been worked or are still missing.  Further functions include the connection of external logbook programs, a chat option and an overall overview of how many stations are currently active in weak signal modes.

The new version eliminates support for MixW, JT65-HF and JT65-HF-HB9HQX.

Users of these programs should not update JT-Alert and should continue to use version 2.1.3. The change is permanent and therefore also affects the version 2.1.4.1released today, which serves to fix the bug. Updates are made without uninstalling an existing version.

DJ6JZ

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Masaaaki Maeda
Sent: 27 July, 2021 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert is famous. 2 new QEX Japan articles and another Funk Amateur article.

Laurie,

Thank you for your comment on ML.

I am very happy to introduce JTAlert for Japanese hams by my articles in QST Japan!

Take care!

Masa

JR1AQN

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 10:52 PM
Subject: [HamApps] JTAlert is famous. 2 new QEX Japan articles and another Funk Amateur article.

Thanks very much guys!
de Laurie VK3AMA

Wes Elton

Hi Laurie,

These articles will come as no surprise to users of JTalert.

I join the many others, worldwide,  who thank you for this superb piece of software

Kind regards,

Wes.

GW3RIH.

On Jul 26, 2021, at 7:52 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

Thanks very much guys!
de Laurie VK3AMA

Willi Passmann

Laurie,

tnx for your kind words and the acknowledgement that you received the magazine.

As version 2 of JTAlert offers remarkable innovations it was my pleasure to write an update to the article that described the program in November 2020. The update was in the June 2021 edition.

Regarding further postings regarding these reviews:
PDF copies of articles from the the magazine FUNKAMATEUR are usually available here:
https://www.fa-pdf.de/epages/80200561.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/80200561/Categories/Software-Vorstellungen

The JTAlert articles are not listed yet, but I asked the publishing house to add them.

CU on the bands,
Willi, DJ6JZ

Am 27.07.2021 um 04:52 schrieb HamApps Support (VK3AMA):

Thanks very much guys!
de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim W

Laurie, it is well deserved. You have helped so many hams achieve their goals and dreams, in Amateur Radio, with the assistance of JTAlert, and that includes me as well!!!. Hip Hip Hooray!!! 😊

Jim VA3XOV

Sent: July 26, 2021 10:52 PM

Thanks very much guys!
de Laurie VK3AMA

Scanned by McAfee and confirmed virus-free.