locked JTAlert is blank #FT8

ag5pc@...

I have WSJT-X and JTAlert configured as described in the JTAlert UDP troubleshooting page and nothing shows up in JTAlert. When I bring up the network resource monitor, JTAlert.exe and JTAlertV2.Manager are using the host name and WSJT-X is using the multicast address. I had suspected that Norton might be blocking something. I turned off the firewall, restarted WSJT-X and JTAlert to no avail. None of the applications are running with elevated privileges.
WSJT-X 2.4.0
JTAlert 2.16.17

Interestingly enough, it worked for a while last night. Then I made the mistake of shutting down for the evening. Tonight, no JTAlert. Everything else works. You can see screenshots of my configuration in my previous post. I really like JTAlert but this is really frustrating.

ag5pc@...

The host name is "Bugs".

ag5pc@...

JTAlert Instance      : #1
JTAlert Start Params  : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title   : WSJT-X   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
WSJT-X Command Line   : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"
WSJT-X   --rig-name   :
WSJT-X Config File    : C:\Users\Al\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version               :
WSJT-X Revision              :
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode          : None
WSJT-X UDP ID                :
WSJT-X UDP Port              : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server            : 239.255.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on Loopback : True
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema        :

UDP Ports used
JTAlert.exe           : 52625 61106
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 55063 55064
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe :

Audio output devices
[1] Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
[2] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 1 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
[3] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 2 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[4] DAX RESERVED MIC AUDIO (FlexRadio Systems DAX MIC Audio)
[5] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 4 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
[6] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[7] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 2 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
[8] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 8 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[9] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 6 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[10] DAX RESERVED IQ RX 3 (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ)
[11] DAX Audio TX (FlexRadio Systems DAX TX)
[12] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 3 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[13] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 4 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[14] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 7 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)
[15] DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 5 (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio)

JTAlertV2.Manager (2.16.17.0) status
(2021-06-18 03:50:22 utc)
NET Framework    : .NET Framework 4.8.4341.0
CLR Version      : 4.0.30319.42000
UDP Router       : Initialized * : YES (WSJT-X)
Audio            : Initialized * : YES (15 output devices)
BandData         : Initialized * : YES
Text Msgs        : Initialized * : YES (started : 17)
HamSpots         : Initialized * : YES
QRZ Xml          : Initialized * : YES (AG5PC)
HamQth Xml       : Initialized * : YES
QRZ Log          : Initialized * : YES
HamQth Log       : Initialized * : YES
ClubLog Log      : Initialized * : YES
Eqsl Log         : Initialized * : YES
HrdLog Log       : Initialized * : YES
DXLab DDE        : Initialized * : YES
User Alert       : Initialized * : YES
Updates Chk      : Initialized * : YES
Maintenance      : Initialized * : YES

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/06/2021 1:37 pm, ag5pc@... wrote:
I had suspected that Norton might be blocking something. I turned off the firewall, restarted WSJT-X and JTAlert to no avail

Pardon the pun, but Norton is notorious for being a bad PC citizen, it does not, in my experience, disable all its "Protection" functions when instructed, it is still active to some extent.

While you may have turned off the Norton firewall, that does not mean that any rules it has applied to the
Windows firewall have been turned off. They would still be active.

I know people don't like to hear it, especially when they have invested money in a product, but in my experience and many who have posted to this and other groups, Norton software is a POS!

On 18/06/2021 1:49 pm, ag5pc@... wrote:
The host name is "Bugs".

_._,_._,_

Something is not right. There is little to no network activity from JTAlert and JTAlertV2.Manager.exe in the above screen capture. Looks like they are being blocked.

On my shack PC which has no radio connected at the moment, so no incoming decodes feed, JTAlert is sitting there idle just updating the Activity window, I see greater network activity than what you show for you PC.

de Laurie VK3AMA

ag5pc@...

I changed the WSJT-X startup to include "rig-name" and everything started working. Norton is still installed and running.

JTAlert Instance      : #1
JTAlert Start Params  : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title   : WSJT-X - Flex60001   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
WSJT-X Command Line   : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe" --rig-name=Flex60001
WSJT-X   --rig-name   : Flex60001
WSJT-X Config File    : C:\Users\Al\AppData\Local\WSJT-X - Flex60001\WSJT-X - Flex60001.ini
WSJT-X Version               : 2.4.0
WSJT-X Revision              : c19d62
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode          : None
WSJT-X UDP ID                : WSJT-X - Flex60001
WSJT-X UDP Port              : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server            : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on Loopback : True
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema        : 3

UDP Ports used
JTAlert.exe           : 53280 52050
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 59184 59185
[...]

(2021-06-19 00:47:40 utc)
NET Framework    : .NET Framework 4.8.4341.0
CLR Version      : 4.0.30319.42000
UDP Router       : Initialized * : YES (WSJT-X - Flex60001)