Hi -   I'm logging into Dxkeeper.  I update the awards status and print out the results.  I then go to Jtalert and modify the alerts I no longer need. Right now it's WAS per mode/band and DX.  I don't mind getting a call again that is already in DXK but rather concentrate on the needed contacts. If I extract a digital contact file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert settings rather than the method I just described?  If it's already been mentioned here I'm sorry - I couldn't find it  - thanks.

Mark  N3RDV

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-01-18 9:44 AM, n3rdv wrote:

If I extract a digital contact file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert settings rather than the method I
just described?
Why not use JTAlert's "Scan Log and Update" to read the DXKeeper QSO
database (log) and update the need list(s) directly?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-01-18 9:44 AM, n3rdv wrote:
Hi -   I'm logging into Dxkeeper.  I update the awards status and print out the results.  I then go to Jtalert and modify the alerts I no longer need. Right now it's WAS per mode/band and DX.  I don't mind getting a call again that is already in DXK but rather concentrate on the needed contacts. If I extract a digital contact file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert settings rather than the method I just described?  If it's already been mentioned here I'm sorry - I couldn't find it  - thanks.
Mark  N3RDV

Dick Bingham

Hello Joe

I liked your suggestion ===>
Why not use JTAlert's "Scan Log and Update" to read the DXKeeper QSO
database (log) and update the need list(s) directly? "

and looked thru JTAlerts "Alerts, "Settings", and "View" entries
and do not see the "Scan Log and Update" option in V2.16.17
anywhere.

73  Dick/w7wkr at CN97uj

On 2021-01-18 9:44 AM, n3rdv wrote:
> Hi -   I'm logging into Dxkeeper.  I update the awards status and print out the results.  I then go to Jtalert and modify the alerts I no longer need. Right now it's WAS per mode/band and DX.  I don't mind getting a call again that is already in DXK but rather concentrate on the needed contacts. If I extract a digital contact file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert settings rather than the method I just described?  If it's already been mentioned here I'm sorry - I couldn't find it  - thanks.
>
> Mark  N3RDV

Michael Black

Name is Rebuild Alert Database

Mike W9MDB

Inline image

On Monday, January 18, 2021, 04:00:44 PM CST, Dick Bingham <dick.bingham@...> wrote:

Hello Joe

I liked your suggestion ===>

On 2021-01-18 9:44 AM, n3rdv wrote:
> Hi -   I'm logging into Dxkeeper.  I update the awards status and print out the results.  I then go to Jtalert and modify the alerts I no longer need. Right now it's WAS per mode/band and DX.  I don't mind getting a call again that is already in DXK but rather concentrate on the needed contacts. If I extract a digital contact file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert settings rather than the method I just described?  If it's already been mentioned here I'm sorry - I couldn't find it  - thanks.
>
> Mark  N3RDV

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I liked your suggestion ===>
" Why not use JTAlert's "Scan Log and Update" to read the DXKeeper QSO database (log) and update the need list(s) directly? "

+ DXKeeper maintains up-to-date award progress tables in your log for DXCC, IOTA, Leaderboard, VUCC, WAS, WAZ, and WPX for all relevant bands and modes, not just digital modes; these tables drive many actions, from generating outgoing QSL cards for needed stations to color-coding needed stations on a world map, bandspread, spectrum-waterfall, or panadaptor. More than a year ago, I asked Laurie VK3AMA about extending JT-Alert to reference these in-log progress tables. His response was negative, I assume because he wants JT-Alert to support need-tracking for all of the logging applications with which JT-Alert interoperates. That's a justifiable decision from my perspective.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ (developer, DXLab)

Joe Subich, W4TV

and looked thru JTAlerts "Alerts, "Settings", and "View" entries
and do not see the "Scan Log and Update" option in V2.16.17
anywhere.
From JTAlert Main Menu (Menu bar):

Settings -> Manage Settings (F11) -> Scan Log and Rebuild
(it's the fifth line from the bottom in the left menu).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-01-18 9:44 AM, n3rdv wrote:
> Hi -   I'm logging into Dxkeeper.  I update the awards status and
print out the results.  I then go to Jtalert and modify the alerts I
no longer need. Right now it's WAS per mode/band and DX.  I don't
mind getting a call again that is already in DXK but rather
concentrate on the needed contacts. If I extract a digital contact
file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert
settings rather than the method I just described?  If it's already
been mentioned here I'm sorry - I couldn't find it  - thanks.

> Mark  N3RDV

Joe Subich, W4TV

Also ...

From JTAlert Main Menu (Menu bar):

Settings -> Rebuild Alert Database
(it's the fourth choice from the bottom)
73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-01-18 7:55 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> and looked thru JTAlerts "Alerts, "Settings", and "View" entries
> and do not see the "Scan Log and Update" option in V2.16.17
> anywhere.
From JTAlert Main Menu (Menu bar):

    On 2021-01-18 9:44 AM, n3rdv wrote:
     > Hi -   I'm logging into Dxkeeper.  I update the awards status and
    print out the results.  I then go to Jtalert and modify the alerts I
    no longer need. Right now it's WAS per mode/band and DX.  I don't
    mind getting a call again that is already in DXK but rather
    concentrate on the needed contacts. If I extract a digital contact
    file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert
    settings rather than the method I just described?  If it's already
    been mentioned here I'm sorry - I couldn't find it  - thanks.

     > Mark  N3RDV

Dick Bingham

Geez! I must be nearly blind ! There it is in plain sight
on the N-th look !

73  Dick/w7wkr

On 2021-01-18 9:44 AM, n3rdv wrote:
> Hi -   I'm logging into Dxkeeper.  I update the awards status and print out the results.  I then go to Jtalert and modify the alerts I no longer need. Right now it's WAS per mode/band and DX.  I don't mind getting a call again that is already in DXK but rather concentrate on the needed contacts. If I extract a digital contact file from DXK is there a way I can cross check it against my Jtalert settings rather than the method I just described?  If it's already been mentioned here I'm sorry - I couldn't find it  - thanks.
>
> Mark  N3RDV

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 19/01/2021 11:55 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
   Settings ->  Manage Settings (F11) -> Scan Log and Rebuild
(it's the fifth line from the bottom in the left menu).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

How old is your copy of JTAlert?
Fifth from the bottom is "Rebuild Alert Database"

de Laurie VK3AMA