Topics

locked JTAlert help

Joe Parisella <joe.parisella@...>

Recently updated to windows 10, now trying to install JTalert.

Tried several vrs of jtalert, all indicate microsoft framework 4.7.2 needed

As I attempt to install 4.7.2  I get not supported on this computer.

Running windows 10 build 10240

Help is highly appreciated

thanks / w6myn

Mike Kilpatrick <mike.kilpatrick@...>

Suggest google search “Framework not supported” and you will find fixes to the problem.
Mike
VK2DJP

On 3 Oct 2020, at 03:25, Joe Parisella <joe.parisella@...> wrote:

Recently updated to windows 10, now trying to install JTalert.

Tried several vrs of jtalert, all indicate microsoft framework 4.7.2 needed

As I attempt to install 4.7.2  I get not supported on this computer.

Running windows 10 build 10240

Help is highly appreciated

thanks / w6myn

neil_zampella

Joe ...

The build of Windows 10 doesn't say much, you need to list the VERSION.

Go to Windows SETTINGS -> SYSTEM, select ABOUT from the list on the left, then under Windows Specifications, you'll see the VERSION number.  If the version is anything less than 1709, that's the problem.    You have to force a Windows 10 update to a newer version.

Neil, KN3ILZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/10/2020 3:06 am, Joe Parisella wrote:

Tried several vrs of jtalert, all indicate microsoft framework 4.7.2 needed

As I attempt to install 4.7.2  I get not supported on this computer.

Running windows 10 build 10240

Help is highly appreciated

thanks / w6myn

Win10 build 10240 is very old. It is the original Win10 release (version 1507).

Framework 4.6.2 is the latest version supported by your very old Win10 install. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/on-windows-10

You will need to update your Win10 version.

BTW, 1507 stopped being officially supported as of May 9, 2017.

IMO, your running a risk with such an old version that has not been updated with critical security patches.

de Laurie VK3AMA

n6dl

and the current version is 2004.  This nr 4 for year 20 or is it March..  in any case thats the current.