Michael Black

That probably means the LOTW grid does not match the grid in your log.

Lots of possible reasons....here's a few I can think of...

#1 User didn't know their correct grid
#2 Mobile/Portable operations (not really sure how LOTW handles that).
#3 User didn't send grid (or you didn't log grid for whatever reason).

I don't know of an easy way to find the mismatches.

I've got an ADIFCompare program I could probably modify to compare grids too.
Or you can just start comparing the grid list on LOTW with the one in JTAlert to find out the differences.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 10:49:53 PM CDT, Dan R <kg0aq1@...> wrote:

I show 460 grids in LOTW, 50mhz VUCC. After a rebuild of the grid data base in JTAlert I show 401? Any ideas of the discrepancy?  TIA!!    Wonderful program!!
--
Dan KG0AQ

Dan R

I forgot to mention that I am using the DXLabs Suite with database uploads and downloads to and from LOTW using DXKeeper. The .mdb file importing to JTAlert has 460 6 meter Grids worked. 401 are showing in JTAlert. I have not done a manual comparison.

Should I possibly select the "Enable Standard ADIF File Logging" tab in JTAlert? Would that be used for importing instead of the DXKeeper .mdb file?
--
Dan KG0AQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/05/2021 1:08 pm, Dan R wrote:
I show 460 grids in LOTW, 50mhz VUCC. After a rebuild of the grid data base in JTAlert I show 401? Any ideas of the discrepancy?  TIA!!    Wonderful program!!
--
Dan KG0AQ

Discrepancies like this are typically caused by the Log file that JTAlert is reading not having been updated with the LoTW confirmations.
What logger are you using with JTAlert?
Have you done a recent sync (from your logger) with LoTW to ensure the log has all recent confirmations?
Does your logger provide a report on your VUCC status? If so, what does it report, does it agree with LoTW or JTAlert or neither?

That won't make any difference.

If the QSO you log has a different grid than what shows on LOTW (Note: LOTW does NOT use the grid you log) than your count may not match.

A manual comparison is about your only option that I know of.

Some mobile operators don't upload their grids correctly.

Mike W9MDB

On 27/05/2021 2:49 pm, Dan R wrote:
Should I possibly select the "Enable Standard ADIF File Logging" tab in JTAlert? Would that be used for importing instead of the DXKeeper .mdb file?
--
Dan KG0AQ

NO, don't do that. I wont make any difference.

JTAlert reading the DXKeeper .mdb file is what is happening when the Rebuild Alert Database operation is performed.

Since you're using DXKeeper, what does its VUCC report show.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dan R

Edited

See attachments for both LOTW VUCC and JTAlert 6 Meter Grids. I have rebuilt the JTAlert Grid database multiple times and updated DXKeeper with LOTW multiple times. I could do a manual comparison but I still would not change Grids worked in JTAlert.
--
Dan KG0AQ

Dan R

Didn't see attachments.Trying again.
--
Dan KG0AQ

Tom Melvin

Dan

Suggest you do a manual check to find a couple that have not come through and then see what they have in common - maybe you have a date restriction in JTA, different mode e.g. ssb/cw where jta is looking at digital.

Just hitting re-build time after time will not make a difference, little bit of investigation at your end will be needed.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 27 May 2021, at 15:40, Dan R <kg0aq1@...> wrote:

Didn't see attachments.Trying again.
--
Dan KG0AQ

Paul W5PF

Dan,

Are all of your LoTW confirmations FT8?

Paul W5PF

On 5/27/2021 9:40 AM, Dan R wrote:
Didn't see attachments.Trying again.
--
Dan KG0AQ

Dan R

Paul and Tom,

Your both geniuses! I am almost certain that is the discrepancy. I will take a quick look and see. I bet the 59 missing are SSB contacts. DUH!

Thanks! 73
--
Dan KG0AQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/05/2021 2:05 am, Dan R wrote:
Your both geniuses! I am almost certain that is the discrepancy. I will take a quick look and see. I bet the 59 missing are SSB contacts. DUH!

Thanks! 73
--
Dan KG0AQ

If that is the case, and you want to have matching numbers between JTAlert and LoTW, you will need to switch the Grid Tracking in JTAlert to "Any Mode" rather than a more restrictive individual or digital only mode tracking.

On 28/05/2021 12:35 am, Dan R wrote:
I could do a manual comparison but I still could not change Grids worked in JTAlert.

JTAlert doesn't support manual changes to the confirmed Grids list. All updates to the unneeded grids list are made by running the Alert Database Rebuild which under the hood is interrogating your master log file.

On 28/05/2021 12:40 am, Dan R wrote:
Didn't see attachments.Trying again.
--
Dan KG0AQ

You never did provide the result of running the VUCC report in DXKeeper. That would provide the clue as to where the problem is.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Subich, W4TV

Your attachment(s) do not show what DXKeeper has marked as
"Confirmed" - only what LotW has received. I suggest you
use the DXKeeper "RAT" -> Select the VUCC tab -> Set Band = 6M
-> Check "Confined" *ONLY* and see what DxKeeper says.

If what you originally logged does not match what the other
station uploaded to LotW and you do not allow DXKeeper to
update the grid to match LotW, DXKeeper will not record "Z"
in the LotW CFM box and will not consider *the grid in LotW*
"confirmed".

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-27 10:40 AM, Dan R wrote:
Didn't see attachments.Trying again.
--
Dan KG0AQ

Dave AA6YQ

Your attachment(s) do not show what DXKeeper has marked as "Confirmed" - only what LotW has received. I suggest you use the DXKeeper "RAT" -> Select the VUCC tab -> Set Band = 6M
-> Check "Confined" *ONLY* and see what DxKeeper says.

If what you originally logged does not match what the other station uploaded to LotW and you do not allow DXKeeper to update the grid to match LotW, DXKeeper will not record "Z"
in the LotW CFM box and will not consider *the grid in LotW* "confirmed".

+ The letter "G" in the "LoTW CFM" textbox indicates that LoTW considers the QSO's gridsquare confirmed for VUCC; the letter "Z" means that LoTW considers the QSO's Zone confirmed for WAZ.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ