locked JTAlert freezes during start

Jim Denneny

Running latest NET and JTAlert.  JTAlert is still freezing on start.  Win 10 latest update.  Added exclusions for WSJT. & JTAlert.  No quarantined items in Protection software.  WSJT runs OK.  Only JTAlert freezes on start.  Ran "Restoro" to sweep for Windows errors.  I have spent days trying to run this down.

Where do I find the install file prior to latest?

Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

Rolled back to 2.16.6 and 2.16.7.  Only the settings window opened. No main window starts. NET is 5.0

Next, upgraded NET to 5.0.6 and reinstalled JTAlert 2.50.1 again.  It loads now and runs OK.  I have slim confidence that this will remain OK. All exceptions are in place.

Jim K7EG

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24/05/2021 4:09 am, Jim Denneny wrote:
Rolled back to 2.16.6 and 2.16.7.  Only the settings window opened. No main window starts. NET is 5.0

Next, upgraded NET to 5.0.6 and reinstalled JTAlert 2.50.1 again. It loads now and runs OK.  I have slim confidence that this will remain OK. All exceptions are in place.

Jim K7EG
JTAlert 2.16.17 & .16 do not use the .NET 5 runtime.

.NET 5.0.0 or 5.0.6 will make no difference, both will work with the JTAlert 2.50.x series.

My only thoughts on your troubles are that your Protection software was interfering, or you had an incompatible .NET installed. Perhaps the x86 runtime was installed while trying to use the x64 build of JTAlert. The two need to match. While the x86 versions will work under Windows x64, It is best to keep all architecture types the same, X64 across the board.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Denneny

Laurie: Definitely not protection software.  Notice from NET here this AM that NET 5.0 has problem.  Recommends upgrade to 5.0.6.  That seems to be my fix..  It has been two days now.

73, Jim K7EG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/05/2021 12:03 am, Jim Denneny wrote:
Notice from NET here this AM that NET 5.0 has problem.  Recommends upgrade to 5.0.6.  That seems to be my fix

Do you have a link to the source of this .NET problem?

de Laurie VK3AMA