locked JTAlert files missing

WB8ASI Herb

Been working today at tracking down RFI blocking TX on WSJTX.  Many reboots and restarts.  Think I've got the RFI under control, but when clicking on icon to start JTAlert it says it has been deleted or moved???   I didn't do a thing with JTAlert.   Anyways, I downloaded JTA  and it's back, but it is brand new.  It doesn't see my old config.  My config files are in my AppData folder, but how do I aim JTAlert to look there?   Haven't had a problem with JTA in ages.   I can start fresh, but sure would be easier to start with the existing config if anyone knows the fix.  Tnx, Herb WB8ASI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/03/2021 8:10 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Been working today at tracking down RFI blocking TX on WSJTX.  Many reboots and restarts.  Think I've got the RFI under control, but when clicking on icon to start JTAlert it says it has been deleted or moved???   I didn't do a thing with JTAlert.   Anyways, I downloaded JTA  and it's back, but it is brand new.  It doesn't see my old config.  My config files are in my AppData folder, but how do I aim JTAlert to look there?   Haven't had a problem with JTA in ages.   I can start fresh, but sure would be easier to start with the existing config if anyone knows the fix.  Tnx, Herb WB8ASI

Herb,

There is no mechanism to instruct JTAlert to look in a location of your choosing for its config file. The location is fixed with the only variable being your Callsign and Windows username.

The location for the JTAlert config.sqlite file will be %localappdata%\HamApps\
WB8ASI\config\JTAlertX\

What leads you to believe that JTAlert is not finding your config?

If JTAlert finds that the config file is missing it will automatically create a new file with default values.

If the config.sqlite file is present it may be a new default file or your old file that is corrupt and no longer readable. There should be a number of backup files in the Config directory. Have a look at the help file, "Troubleshooting -> Setting Changes Not Remembered" section, that will give you the instructions for testing if the config is corrupt and how to restore a backup file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

Call off the dogs.  My panic is over.  Found a topic in Help>Troubleshooting about not being able to update.  I replaced the config.sqlite file with backup from yesterday.  Worked like a charm.  All back in business.  Now let's see if my RFI problem is resolved too.  73, Herb WB8ASI