Topics

locked JTAlert error alert

w4lde

Yesterday I ran version 2.16.17 without any problems.  This evening I started JTAlert and its set to auto start WSJT-x and after thing seems loaded correctly
I got the following popup and an alert to a specific line number.  I uninstalled 2.16.17 and reinstalled 2.16.16 and the same error alert poped up.
I dont think its an alert issue but Im lost wee to start to trouble shoot.  Any help is appreciated.  The opoup is:

Thanks for help
73 de Ron W4LDE

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/02/2021 11:23 am, w4lde wrote:
Yesterday I ran version 2.16.17 without any problems.  This evening I started JTAlert and its set to auto start WSJT-x and after thing seems loaded correctly
I got the following popup and an alert to a specific line number.  I uninstalled 2.16.17 and reinstalled 2.16.16 and the same error alert poped up.
I dont think its an alert issue but Im lost wee to start to trouble shoot.  Any help is appreciated.  The opoup is:

Thanks for help
73 de Ron W4LDE
Ron,

If JTAlert is not throwing this error immediately, Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

If your unable to send a support request let me know.

de Laurie VK3AMA

w4lde

Issue with the error I reported fixed.
A few days earlier I had used ADI Master program to review the JTAlert log. It showed one problem and I corrected it an saved it. I don’t think it caused the issue either since it’s help me in the past.
Yesterday the issue was caused by the crap/temp files left in the log sub folder. I ran my incremental backup program and replaced that folder.
I had not lost anything since I do a incremental backup of all my critical files when I shut down every evening.
I’m 99.9% sure the issue was not caused by JTAlert, thanks for a great program
Stay safe 73 de
Ron W4LDE

Michael Black

What "log sub" folder are you referring to?  And how many files were in there?

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 06:45:33 AM CST, w4lde <w4lde.ron@...> wrote:

Issue with the error I reported fixed.
A few days earlier I had used ADI Master program to review the JTAlert log.  It showed one problem and I corrected it an saved it.  I don’t think it caused the issue either since it’s help me in the past.
Yesterday the issue was caused by the crap/temp files left in the log sub folder.  I ran my incremental backup program and replaced that folder.
I had not lost anything since I do a incremental backup of all my critical files when I shut down every evening.
I’m 99.9% sure the issue was not caused by JTAlert, thanks for a great program
Stay safe 73 de
Ron W4LDE

w4lde

Mike,

The folder I was referring to is:  C:/users/"name"/AppData/Local/HamApps/W4LDE/logs/JTAlert

Normally there's 3 files, however, after using the ADIF Master or some other program deposit, I had five additional files, two from ADIF master and three with no name with the typical ahdcxz-----, used I guess by temps.

I did review the error file left there by ADIF Master and found that every mode "FT4" was I.D. as a bad mode.  So now I'm thinking that the Master program I was using was old, very old.

Anyway the issue is behind me and all is working OK.

Good to see your call and offer of help once again, thank you..

Stay Safe
73 de Ron W4LDE