Topics

JTAlert does crash rem

asobel@...

I am using Win10, Flex 6600 + SmartSDR, 4 instances of WSJTX-X + JTAlert. all of the latest verston.
Every time I change frequencies by way of SmartSDR, One or more instances of JTAlert does cresh.
I have to kill the task of the fallen alert and start it again.
This is very annoying. Please help.

Amos 4X4MF.

David De Coons

How do you have WSJT-X radio connection info set up?

Dave wo2x

On Jul 25, 2020, at 4:17 PM, asobel@... wrote:

I am using Win10, Flex 6600 + SmartSDR, 4 instances of WSJTX-X + JTAlert. all of the latest verston.
Every time I change frequencies by way of SmartSDR, One or more instances of JTAlert does cresh.
I have to kill the task of the fallen alert and start it again.
This is very annoying. Please help.

Amos 4X4MF.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/07/2020 6:16 am, asobel@... wrote:
I am using Win10, Flex 6600 + SmartSDR, 4 instances of WSJTX-X + JTAlert. all of the latest verston.
Every time I change frequencies by way of SmartSDR, One or more instances of JTAlert does cresh.
I have to kill the task of the fallen alert and start it again.
This is very annoying. Please help.

Amos 4X4MF.

Does JTAlert show an error message? If so post an image.

Flex + SDR software can be very demanding on PC resources. Is you PC capable? How many CPU Cores, how much installed RAM?

Is the crashing JTAlert instance always the same instance or does it vary?

What happens if your restrict the number of instances to 3 only, do you still get the random crash?

de Laurie VK3AMA

asobel@...

Laurie

  1. There are two failure cases. See the attached snips. Case 1 is the result of Flex 6600 Profile change. Case 2 is random. If I change frequency by way of WSJT-X, no failure.
  2. My computer is using Intel I7 4.0 GHz and 24 GByte RAM. I did run memory tests which did show no failure.
  3. The failing instance does vary.
  4. Today, I did try to force failure with 1,2,3 instances, none. In the past, I did try working 3 instances for a long time and it did fail.

Thank you for your work and for helping us. JTAlert is what really makes my station go.

Amos 4X4MF