Topics

JTAlert debugging

ido1990@...

Hi!

I use JTAlert for long time to log my QSO's to HRD5.
I'm not sure when but JTAlert just stopped showing callsigns and log QSO's.
The UDP seems ok as shown in the about window and I tried to reset the configuration for JTAlert as well as WSJT-X but nothing solved the issue.
Both updated to the last version (JTAlert 2.14.3 and WSJT-X 2.1.0)
My firewall software is COMODO and disabling the protection didn't help.

Any ideas how to debug it?

Thanks!

Ido
4X5MG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/09/2019 5:52 pm, ido1990@... wrote:

I use JTAlert for long time to log my QSO's to HRD5.
I'm not sure when but JTAlert just stopped showing callsigns and log QSO's.
The UDP seems ok as shown in the about window and I tried to reset the configuration for JTAlert as well as WSJT-X but nothing solved the issue.
Both updated to the last version (JTAlert 2.14.3 and WSJT-X 2.1.0)
My firewall software is COMODO and disabling the protection didn't help.

Any ideas how to debug it?

Thanks!

Ido
4X5MG

Ido,

Are you running any other software that might be accessing the WSJT-X UDP traffic?

Run JTAlert for at least 3 minutes then use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

ido1990@...

Thank you.

When I use port 2237 I get an error so I'm using 2238 and this is the output of JTAlert:

JTAlert Instance      : #1
JTAlert Start Params  : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title   : WSJT-X   v2.1.0   by K1JT
WSJT-X Command Line   :
WSJT-X   --rig-name   :
WSJT-X Config File    : C:\Users\INP\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version        : 2.1.0
WSJT-X Revision       : 24fcd1
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode   : None
WSJT-X UDP ID         : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port       : 2238
WSJT-X UDP Server     : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema : 3

As far as I understand, this means that it's connected but still doesn't show any callsigns...

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/09/2019 7:01 pm, ido1990@... wrote:
When I use port 2237 I get an error so I'm using 2238 and this is the output of JTAlert:

JTAlert Instance      : #1
JTAlert Start Params  : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title   : WSJT-X   v2.1.0   by K1JT
WSJT-X Command Line   :
WSJT-X   --rig-name   :
WSJT-X Config File    : C:\Users\INP\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version        : 2.1.0
WSJT-X Revision       : 24fcd1
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode   : None
WSJT-X UDP ID         : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port       : 2238
WSJT-X UDP Server     : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema : 3

As far as I understand, this means that it's connected but still doesn't show any callsigns...
What is the error message when you set WSJT-X to use port 2237?

Regardless, 2237 should work.

Send me a support request as mentioned in my last message.

On 13/09/2019 7:00 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via Groups.Io wrote:
What is the error message when you set WSJT-X to use port 2237?

Regardless, 2237 should work.

Send me a support request as mentioned in my last message.
Let me try again without the grammar or spelling errors...

What is the error message you get when WSJT-X is set to use port 2237?

Regardless, 2238 should work instead of 2237.