locked JTAlert Chrome segfault

Michael Black

Helping out Eli -- JTAlert seg faults with his Chrome browser when clicking the Q button.
I don't see any information in the debug logs that helps.
Changing his default browser to Edge fixes it....back to Chrome still seg faults.

Did the same on my system and Chrome (same version as his) works OK.

Can we maybe get some debug to find out what's going on?

Mike W9MDB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/11/2021 4:36 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
JTAlert seg faults with his Chrome browser when clicking the Q button.
I don't see any information in the debug logs that helps.
Changing his default browser to Edge fixes it....back to Chrome still seg faults.

Did the same on my system and Chrome (same version as his) works OK.

Can we maybe get some debug to find out what's going on?

Mike W9MDB

Nothing I can do. JTAlert doesn't know which browser is the Windows default. The code executed by JTAlert is identical for all browsers...
    If $call <> "" Then
        ShellExecute("http://www.qrz.com/db/" & $call)
    Else
        ShellExecute("http://www.qrz.com/")
    EndIf

The
ShellExecute is an inbuilt AutoIT function, there is no facility for additional debugging.

de Laurie VK3AMA