Duncan Campbell

I have looked through the documentation and was unable to find out if this is even possible.  I am using JTAlert configured to send spot information to DX Lab SpotCollector.  However, I see that the SpotCollector field DXGrid is blank on the spots sent, even though they are on the QSL Line and are sent when a QSO is saved to DXKeeper..  Is it possible to have these sent to spotcollector from the decoded QSOs?   I am looking for three particular gridsquares (in Japan), and was hoping to use SpotCollector to find them for me.

Thank you and 73
Duncan, KF6ILA

Joe Subich, W4TV

DXGrid is populated when using JTAlert.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-03-27 9:00 PM, Duncan Campbell wrote:
I have looked through the documentation and was unable to find out if this is even possible.  I am using JTAlert configured to send spot information to DX Lab SpotCollector.  However, I see that the SpotCollector field DXGrid is blank on the spots sent, even though they are on the QSL Line and are sent when a QSO is saved to DXKeeper..  Is it possible to have these sent to spotcollector from the decoded QSOs?   I am looking for three particular gridsquares (in Japan), and was hoping to use SpotCollector to find them for me.
Thank you and 73
Duncan, KF6ILA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/03/2021 12:00 pm, Duncan Campbell wrote:
I have looked through the documentation and was unable to find out if this is even possible.  I am using JTAlert configured to send spot information to DX Lab SpotCollector.  However, I see that the SpotCollector field DXGrid is blank on the spots sent, even though they are on the QSL Line and are sent when a QSO is saved to DXKeeper..  Is it possible to have these sent to spotcollector from the decoded QSOs?   I am looking for three particular gridsquares (in Japan), and was hoping to use SpotCollector to find them for me.

Thank you and 73
Duncan, KF6ILA

JTAlert does send the DXGrid to SpotCollector. If the grid is unknown, not part of the current decode or has not been previously decoded (JTAlert caches the previously decoded grids for the current JTAlert session) than an empty string is sent as the DXGrid. The following fields are sent to SC from JTAlert as local spots...
call, freq, mode, dxgrid, degrid, notes

Are you not seeing the DXGrid being populated for JTAlert local spots?

BTW, JTAlert will also alert on needed grids.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Duncan Campbell

Wow - I feel sort of like an idiot...  looking back through the Spot Collector log, I now see the populated DXGrid, but it seems to stop populating after 3/27/2001 1420 (yesterday morning).  Since then, nothing.  I have to remember what I did yesterday.

Thank you for your help!
73 de duncan, KF6ILA

Duncan Campbell

Hi Laurie;
  I am still not getting the DXGrid filled in on SpotCollector.  Is there a way for me to monitor the output from JTAlert to ensure that the information is actually going to Spot Collector?
I am receiving local spots from JTAlert, including the notes, origin grid and notes origin.
Unfortunately, I wiped my old spot collector log when I was attempting to "fix" the problem going through the setup.

Thank you and Best Regards
Duncan

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/03/2021 8:20 am, Duncan Campbell wrote:
  I am still not getting the DXGrid filled in on SpotCollector.  Is there a way for me to monitor the output from JTAlert to ensure that the information is actually going to Spot Collector?
I am receiving local spots from JTAlert, including the notes, origin grid and notes origin.
Unfortunately, I wiped my old spot collector log when I was attempting to "fix" the problem going through the setup.

Thank you and Best Regards
Duncan

JTAlert doesn't record the high-volume spot traffic, so there is nothing to examine in the JTAlert session files, but you can examine the SpotCollector "ErrorLog.txt" file located in your SC install directory. You will need to enable the SC "Log debugging information" option in the SC Config settings and then leave running for a few minutes. Don't forget to turn off that setting. You need to look for entries in the "ErrorLog.txt" file containing "004conveyspot", these will be the local spots from JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA