Topics

locked JTalert and Log4OM2 start up issue

geoff wiggins

Using Flex 5000a, wsjt-x 2.2.2. Win 10.
I have noticed that if Log4OM2 is started before JTAlert then the band in use is not shown in the title bar, ie JTAlert 2.6.16, callsign[20m etc.......]. A series of ??? are shown instead. If JTAlert is started first then this issue does not occur. This is 100% repeatable.
Not a big deal but I would be interested as to why this is.

73 Geoff.
G4XMJ

Michael Black

I start Log4OM2 before JTAlert with no such problem.

What does you Connections screen look like?

Inline image

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 10:45:13 AM CST, geoff wiggins via groups.io <g4xmj@...> wrote:

Using Flex 5000a, wsjt-x 2.2.2. Win 10.
I have noticed that if Log4OM2 is started before JTAlert then the band in use is not shown in the title bar, ie JTAlert 2.6.16, callsign[20m etc.......]. A series of ??? are shown instead. If JTAlert is started first then this issue does not occur. This is 100% repeatable.
Not a big deal but I would be interested as to why this is.

73 Geoff.
G4XMJ

geoff wiggins

I presume you mean the JTAlert window.

2 pngs attached.

On 23/11/2020 17:09, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I start Log4OM2 before JTAlert with no such problem.

What does you Connections screen look like?

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 10:45:13 AM CST, geoff wiggins via groups.io <g4xmj@...> wrote:

Using Flex 5000a, wsjt-x 2.2.2. Win 10.
I have noticed that if Log4OM2 is started before JTAlert then the band in use is not shown in the title bar, ie JTAlert 2.6.16, callsign[20m etc.......]. A series of ??? are shown instead. If JTAlert is started first then this issue does not occur. This is 100% repeatable.
Not a big deal but I would be interested as to why this is.

73 Geoff.
G4XMJ

Michael Black

No -- I meant the Connections screen in Log4OM.

I sent a snapshot but apparently the image is blocked by your email.

Look at it online

Mike

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 11:21:48 AM CST, geoff wiggins via groups.io <g4xmj@...> wrote:

I presume you mean the JTAlert window.

2 pngs attached.

On 23/11/2020 17:09, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I start Log4OM2 before JTAlert with no such problem.

What does you Connections screen look like?

Inline image

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 10:45:13 AM CST, geoff wiggins via groups.io <g4xmj@...> wrote:

Using Flex 5000a, wsjt-x 2.2.2. Win 10.
I have noticed that if Log4OM2 is started before JTAlert then the band in use is not shown in the title bar, ie JTAlert 2.6.16, callsign[20m etc.......]. A series of ??? are shown instead. If JTAlert is started first then this issue does not occur. This is 100% repeatable.
Not a big deal but I would be interested as to why this is.

73 Geoff.
G4XMJ

geoff wiggins

This what you mean?

On 23/11/2020 17:23, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24/11/2020 3:45 am, geoff wiggins via groups.io wrote:
Using Flex 5000a, wsjt-x 2.2.2. Win 10.
I have noticed that if Log4OM2 is started before JTAlert then the band in use is not shown in the title bar, ie JTAlert 2.6.16, callsign[20m etc.......]. A series of ??? are shown instead. If JTAlert is started first then this issue does not occur. This is 100% repeatable.
Not a big deal but I would be interested as to why this is.

73 Geoff.
G4XMJ
Sounds like Log4OM2 is taking exclusive control of the WSJT-X UDP Server port preventing JTAlert from receiving the UDP data from WSJT-X.
There is no need to have Log4OM2 directly interacting with WSJT-X if you are using JTAlert.
Since Log4OM2 doesn't complain when you start JTAlert first suggests that Log4OM is not utilizing the WSJT-X connection you have set (which is preventing JTAlert) so is likely not needed.

Yes...you set up the wrong port.

The port number in Log4OM should be the JTAlert port number for Log4OM and not the WSJST-X port number.

You have 2237 in Log4OM which is intercepting the packets destined for JTAlert....ergo your problem.

Mike W9MDB

Inline image

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 11:31:45 AM CST, geoff wiggins via groups.io <g4xmj@...> wrote:

[...]

See the JTAlert Help file, "Settings -> Logging -> Log4OM V2" topic for JTAlert setup instructions (with pictures). It is a simple setup.

de Laurie VK3AMA

geoff wiggins

Thank you both.

Not sure why I set 2237. Anyway all fine now.

Tks,

Geoff.