Topics

locked JTALERT and Last version of HRD logbook ( 6.7.0.301 )


Daniele
 

Hi
 
after upgrading HamradioDeluxe with the latest version (6.7.0.301) , JTAlert stop to work.
 
When JTAlert receive the first callsign received from WSJTX it stop to works and crash .
 
If in the JTAlert option I disable the flag "Enable HRD V5/V6 Logging"  it work fine, but without the loggin option, obviously I loose the HRD DB rebuild etc . 
 
 
Do you have some visibility about ?
 
thank you
73 de IW9GRL


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 19/10/2020 7:27 pm, Daniele wrote:
after upgrading HamradioDeluxe with the latest version (6.7.0.301) , JTAlert stop to work.
 
When JTAlert receive the first callsign received from WSJTX it stop to works and crash .
 
If in the JTAlert option I disable the flag "Enable HRD V5/V6 Logging"  it work fine, but without the loggin option, obviously I loose the HRD DB rebuild etc . 
 
 
Do you have some visibility about ?
 
thank you
73 de IW9GRL

In recent weeks/months an ever increasing number of JTAlert/HRD users have experienced JTAlert slowdowns, hangs or crashes that have been caused by problems with either their HRD
Log file or the ODBC settings for accessing the log. It is not a JTAlert defect. In all the cases I have personally seen, the fix was to create a new HRD Log file.

The fix for HRD MSAccess log problems is to create a new log within HRDLogbook and set JTAlert to use that new log. Do the following...
  1. Stop all JTAlert instances.
  2. Do an adif export of your current HRD log.
  3. Create a NEW HRD log (this will create a new log file and a new ODBC connection).
  4. Set that new log as your HRDLogbook default.
  5. Import the adif file into your new log to restore your QSO data.
  6. Start JTAlert.
  7. Open the JTAlert Settings and change the HRD "Log Name" to the new log you just created. eg.
  8. Restart JTAlert


de Laurie VK3AMA


Roger M
 

Better yet, do all that Laurie says, but in step 2, backup your HRD log to an XML file. Then, in step 5, restore the XML file to your log. The reason for this is that the XML file will contain all of the HRD specific fields. You will lose those if you export and then import an ADIF file.
--
73,
Roger
AC6BW


Alton N4IDH
 

I changed the HRD logger from Access database to MariaDB MySQL data.  Works better with larger logs.  I have never had any issue since doing so.
howto:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7f-RZOnmDs


Daniele
 

Hi 

first of all thank you for suggests . 
I contacted also the HRD team support and they didn't know about problems in the last revision ( 6.7.0.301 ) .
What I saw is that when all tools are up, HRD, logbook, WSJT-X and JTALERT, all of them work fine, but when I receive the first decode callsign, JTAlert stop to works and need to reboot, also after reboot the problem persist .
The workaround to have JTAlert works is to disable HRD logging in its settings .

What I did is  to downgrade HRD to 6.7.0.275 and now all works very well as before, without any crash of JTAlert !

I think that in HRD logbook have somethings different than before, some settings to do or something else, I don't know, the HRD support tell me that by their side all works well  .

This is the actual status
I hope someone of you is able to replicate the issue to find quickly the best solution .

Thank you so much
73 de Daniele IW9GRL/KD2PRQ


Daniele
 

Hi

probably I solved, creating a new DB in HRD from scratch and importo the ADIF exported before . 
Now with last version of HRD and last version of JTALERT no more crash .
Only a thing seems to be not solved, the Rebuild Alert Database seems don't work, JTAlert see the correct count of QSOs but didn't update the interal Alert DB of JTAlert . 
Really strange ...

anyway, thank you for all for all suggestions !

73
de IW9GRL/KD2PRQ


Tom Melvin
 

Hi

It _may_ be what you have set for conformation - worked, LOTW, etc.  

ADIF does not usually have the QSL info - HRD may have an extended export option that does include it - I would double check the ADIF has the info used by the confirmation type.

Tom

--
73

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)





On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:21, Daniele <iw9grl@...> wrote:

Hi

probably I solved, creating a new DB in HRD from scratch and importo the ADIF exported before . 
Now with last version of HRD and last version of JTALERT no more crash .
Only a thing seems to be not solved, the Rebuild Alert Database seems don't work, JTAlert see the correct count of QSOs but didn't update the interal Alert DB of JTAlert . 
Really strange ...

anyway, thank you for all for all suggestions !

73
de IW9GRL/KD2PRQ


Daniele
 

Hi
 
the ADIF-HRD version includes all QSL info !

73


Roger M
 

OK, you exported and imported the HRD-ADIF version. That is better than using a standard ADIF file.
However, as I said before, exporting an XML file, which is a true backup file for HRD, would have been better.
Anyway, glad you got it working.
Be sure to backup your HRD log to xml regularly.
--
73,
Roger
AC6BW


Daniele
 

Thank you Roger

73