locked JTAlert and JTDX

emantegazza@...

Hello Guys

I’m IW2DUG from Italy. Product  and Area Manager at JVCKENWOOD Radio Communications Dept.

I’m using JTAlert and JTDX since 2018 without any problem.

Monday morning I detect a problem on JTAlert 2.16.16.

Decodes windows was not more able to display any call. On the other side, JTDX main windows was running and working perfectly.

I tried to check Decodes windows option setting, but no way. This windows is still empty notwithstanding all filters has been excluded.

Then I upgrade JTAlert to 2.50.6 (the new one) but also in this case Decodes windows is showing anything (CQ, DXCC or Call…..)

Then I tried to downgrade at 2.16.16 old release but the most oldest version on HamApps site available for downloading is the 2.16.17.

Unfortunately 2.16.16 .exe file on download PC directory has been cancelled for periodical PC clean.

Did you get similar issue from other users ?

How I can download 2.16.16 old version ?

Any suggestion how to fix this issue ?

It seems that the problem carried out after one of the latest Windows update. Win 10. 64bit.

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Ernesto Mantegazza

IW2DUG

Avast logo

On 6/10/2021 7:07 pm, emantegazza via groups.io wrote:

[...]

It is likely a problem with the decodes database file. Do the following
  • Stop JTAlert
  • Use Windows file explorer and navigate to %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\IW2DUG\Decode\ then delete all files in that directory with names starting with "decodes.sqlite", there may be several.
  • After they have been deleted start JTAlert and open the Decodes window.

The Decodes window should now start populating as JTDX starts decoding signals.

Let me know if that works for you.

de Laurie VK3AMA