locked JTAlert - 73 Badge

Craig

GM.  First, Congratulations on 2.5  Great implementation.  Do have a question - when the 73 decode badge window appears, was it intended that double-clicking would not enable TX?   Do not see option on this.  Thanks again.

Michael Black

I'm using single click and it's working on 73 badged call slots.  Lots easier on the carpal tunnel to use single click.
Mike W9MDB

Inline image

On Friday, April 16, 2021, 07:41:48 AM CDT, Craig <nz4cwcraig@...> wrote:

GM.  First, Congratulations on 2.5  Great implementation.  Do have a question - when the 73 decode badge window appears, was it intended that double-clicking would not enable TX?   Do not see option on this.  Thanks again.

Craig

GM.  First, Congratulations on 2.5  Great implementation.  Do have a question - when the 73 decode badge window appears, was it intended that double-clicking would not enable TX?   Do not see the option on this.  Thanks again.

Jim Cooper

On 16 Apr 2021 at 12:19, Craig wrote:

Do have a question - when the 73
decode badge window appears, was it
intended that double-clicking would
not enable TX? Do not see the
option on this.
my experience is that clicking on a call
showing the 73 badge SETS UP the
messages for that call in WSJT-X, but
does not enable the Enable Tx (which seems
reasonable, as the operator should decide
when to start calling a 'tail ender' call --
if you don't have the Tx freq locked, you
would start calling on top of the ending
part of the current QSO).

When you click on a call with the CQ badge,
it does enable Enable Tx because it's known
that you want to start calling right away.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/04/2021 2:19 am, Craig wrote:
GM.  First, Congratulations on 2.5  Great implementation.  Do have a question - when the 73 decode badge window appears, was it intended that double-clicking would not enable TX?   Do not see the option on this.  Thanks again.

JTAlert doesn't control whether WSJT-X goes into TX in response to a double-click, it simply sends the appropriate command to WSJT-X to setup for the QSO, the choice to TX is decided by WSJT-X internally.

JTAlert doesn't make any checks of decode type when the Callsign is double-clicked, it ALWAYS sends the command to WSJT-X, regardless.

A quick test, what does WSJT-X do when you double-click a "73" decode within WSJT-X (ignore JTAlert for a moment), does it go into TX, it will not (based on my tests).

de Laurie VK3AMA

Craig

Thanks Jim for your note / comments. Yes, sure seems reasonable to me that clicking on a 73 Badge would enable TX... that is the intent of showing the 73 badge - but as far as I can tell it doesn't work, and it is not obvious (as yet) that there is an option to make it work.  Should operate as CQ Badge does...

Maybe Laurie can add some perspective on this...

73, Craig

On 17/04/2021 4:38 am, Craig wrote:
Thanks Jim for your note / comments. Yes, sure seems reasonable to me that clicking on a 73 Badge would enable TX... that is the intent of showing the 73 badge - but as far as I can tell it doesn't work, and it is not obvious (as yet) that there is an option to make it work.  Should operate as CQ Badge does...

Maybe Laurie can add some perspective on this...

73, Craig

I already answered here https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/34362

I cant make JTAlert perform a WSJT-X function that WSJT-X itself does not support. I'm good, but not that good ;-)

de Laurie VK3AMA

AH0U

Michael,
Wher IS THAT SCREEN YOU SHOW IN YOUR RESP[ONSE?? i CANT LOCATE IT...
tnx BC

Michael Black

Bottom right corner of the Callsigns window -- left click on it then click on Callsigns in the popup window.
Mike W9MDB
Inline image