locked JTAlert 2.5.20 won't run

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M

This morning JTAlert which had been running previously with no problems on Win 10 Pro 64 bit, would attempt to load but would not run. I've removed and reinstalled both versions online. Downloaded and installed both versions of .NET , reset the UDP address in WSJT-X I've made sure the software is "TRUSTED" by the security software... Forty years of software and computer programming experience and NO JOY after five hours of reboots and reinstalls...

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/07/2021 3:38 am, CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M wrote:
This morning JTAlert which had been running previously with no problems on Win 10 Pro 64 bit, would attempt to load but would not run. I've removed and reinstalled both versions online. Downloaded and installed both versions of .NET , reset the UDP address in WSJT-X I've made sure the software is "TRUSTED" by the security software... Forty years of software and computer programming experience and NO JOY after five hours of reboots and reinstalls...

Is there an error message shown? If so, post an image of the offending window, but don't include your entire desktop, just the error window is enough.

In my experience, when JTAlert stops working when it previously behaved correctly, without any change to the program, the usual suspect is the PC Protection software interfering.

Under Win10, often a PC restart is enough to restore application functionality or to correct changed behavior. This is not limited to JTAlert but can be the fix for unrelated applications that start to misbehave.

As for the NET reinstall, Make sure you're installing the "Desktop Runtime", not the non-Desktop Runtime.

de Laurie VK3AMA