locked JTAlert 2.50.4 not working

Fred Bennett

I have enclosed a screen shot. It doesnt appear that JTALert is connecting to Ham radio deluxe. It doesnt show any calls when wsjt-x decodes. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks and 73 Fred NZ4DX

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 22/07/2021 5:49 am, Fred Bennett wrote:
I have enclosed a screen shot. It doesnt appear that JTALert is connecting to Ham radio deluxe. It doesnt show any calls when wsjt-x decodes. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks and 73 Fred NZ4DX
You don't have the Callsigns window open.
Use the "View -> Callsigns Window" menu of the main JTAlert window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Fred Bennett

Hi Laurie,
Thanks for the reply I tried that and nothing changed. I noticed on the top line of the header it says ???m  Is there something happening

Dave Garber

what mode are you running ( its covered )     ft8 jt65??

are you running the multicast in wsjt??

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 4:36 PM Fred Bennett <nz4dx@...> wrote:
Hi Laurie,
Thanks for the reply I tried that and nothing changed. I noticed on the top line of the header it says ???m  Is there something happening

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/07/2021 6:36 am, Fred Bennett wrote:
Thanks for the reply I tried that and nothing changed. I noticed on the top line of the header it says ???m  Is there something happening

Is this a new JTAlert install or did you upgrade from an older version? If upgrade what version did you have prior?

Sounds like the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process is not running or is stopping & starting every couple of seconds. Check in taskmanager to see if that is the case.
Try opening the "Help -> About" menu. If the About window doesn't open that confirms that the Manager process is not running.

If the Manager process is constantly restarting, that is typically caused by an incorrect NET 5.0.x runtime installed. It needs to be the "NET 5.0.x Desktop runtime" NOT the non-desktop runtime.

See this FAQ message  https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794

de Laurie VK3AMA

Antony

Fred,
I experienced this issue on first use of the latest JTAlert. I closed everything and rebooted. Its worked fine ever since with the latest HRD. 73, Antony G4CUS

Fred Bennett

Hi again Laurie,
I did a reinstall this time instead of a upgrade, and everything is working great. Thanks for your time and the great software.
73 Fred NZ4DX