locked JTAlert 2.50.0 upgrade Callsign Window

OM Marlon, DW3CWM

I am running JtAlert 2.16.17 / Log4OM2 2.12.0.0 and JTDX 2.2.0 rc152 on a modest Win10Pro64 ver 20h2 machine  simultaneously with no problems. Upgraded to JTAlert 2.50.0 smoothly after installing runtime 5.0.5 64. It was a plain straight upgrade, no tinkering whatsoever.  Had to look for the callsign window after as the main windows was just a simple bar after upgrade.

I Liked the way the callsign windows works now, especially the callers option, that is a great pile up reminder. if only I can trigger TX  via single or double click of the caller callsign, That wouild have been a lazy operators pile up handler, hihi. For now It help me manage the short pile ups. Thanks Laurie. Is there a way to do this?

73 de Marlon DW3CWM

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/04/2021 6:07 pm, OM Marlon via groups.io wrote:
I am running JtAlert 2.16.17 / Log4OM2 2.12.0.0 and JTDX 2.2.0 rc152 on a modest Win10Pro64 ver 20h2 machine  simultaneously with no problems. Upgraded to JTAlert 2.50.0 smoothly after installing runtime 5.0.5 64. It was a plain straight upgrade, no tinkering whatsoever.  Had to look for the callsign window after as the main windows was just a simple bar after upgrade.

I Liked the way the callsign windows works now, especially the callers option, that is a great pile up reminder. if only I can trigger TX  via single or double click of the caller callsign, That wouild have been a lazy operators pile up handler, hihi. For now It help me manage the short pile ups. Thanks Laurie. Is there a way to do this?

73 de Marlon DW3CWM

Good to hear all went smoothly.

If JTDX is not responding to a single-click or double-click in the Callsigns window, it is likely that the JTDX "Accept UDP Requests" is not enabled. There are two places in JTDX you need to visit in order to have it respond to Callsign click events from JTAlert.
  • JTDX Main window, "Misc -> Accept UDP Reply Messages" menu.
  • JTDX Settings window, "Accept UDP Requests" checkbox on the "Reporting" tab.
You may want to adjust what click type, single or double JTAlert will use. See the Callsigns window Options, click the gear icon

de Laurie VK3AMA

OM Marlon, DW3CWM

I can click / double click callsigns and jtdx would respond.

I was referring to my station callers, they will now be listed, multiple if several others called too, below callsign list. After concluding qso with a callsign listed in callers, i was wondering if, by just clicking the other callers listed, i can trigger jtdx. That woul have been nice, but for now use it to remind me, the callsigns i have not concluded qso, the will all be listed in users. I hope I described the situation better hihi. Thanks

Marlon

On 16/04/2021 8:24 pm, OM Marlon via groups.io wrote:
I can click / double click callsigns and jtdx would respond.

I was referring to my station callers, they will now be listed, multiple if several others called too, below callsign list. After concluding qso with a callsign listed in callers, i was wondering if, by just clicking the other callers listed, i can trigger jtdx. That woul have been nice, but for now use it to remind me, the callsigns i have not concluded qso, the will all be listed in users. I hope I described the situation better hihi. Thanks

Marlon

I understand.

The callsigns in your Callers display behave the same as the callsigns in the main Callsigns display with respect to click/double-clink events. Both events use the exact same code internally.

Are you clearing decodes in JTDX regularly?

If a Callsign in JTAlert is clicked, WSJT-X and JTDX will not respond if the original decode for that Callsign is no longer available.

Are you clicking older callsigns that have had their original decode cleared in JTDX?

de Laurie VK3AMA

OM Marlon, DW3CWM

Hi Laurie,

JTDX is set to auto log qso. If that may somehow affect this. JTalert is set to Auto Clear when JTDX decodes are cleared, in application. I find this setting as a ggod preparation for LOG4OM to log the QSO.

I tried to clear that option, it leaves the last qso in the callbox of LOG4OM, but clicking/double clicking the caller in the callsign window will not trigger JTDX to transmit. It is not a problem, the list in itself helps me manage a pile up of sorts.

Thanks 73 de DW3CWM, Marlon

Sent from Mail for Windows 10